Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what to do about hand cramping/pain and carpel tunnel symptoms

So when I am out jet skiing after a few mins on the throttle or going fast or jumping waves or rough water or anything , my hands hurt, throb, go numb, all the way up my arm, I can not really hold on to the grips, I already got the EZ throttle mentioned in another post.

What else can I do ?

I work with my hands, i get pain in them when I am working on stuff, i show some symptoms of carpel tunnel but im relatively young (29)

I used to get this often when I rode street bikes and quads and its really uncomfortable and annoying.

what can I do to alleviate this ? im sure other people have similar issues !

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have you received medical advice and guidance on ways to possibly minimize the problem and/or promote healing?
    Last edited by K447; 08-09-2016 at 10:12 PM.

well they do the surgery for it, sometimes cortezone injections, taking OTC pain relievers (e.g. Advil)

but it seems like other people that don't officially have carpal tunnel, might have similar symptoms when riding, based on what is aw with groups of people i spoke to on the water at diff points.

+1
    If u can prove its work related u get compensated and u can get disability checks from your employer. Other then that surgery is your best bet

+1
    I smile and am glad to be on my ski.
    i broke my neck in three places almost 6 years ago, amongst other injuries I sustained. Numerous people were killed in my group, some half my age.
    they said I wouldn't walk again. I recovered fully but hurt deeply every day and every movement I make. Life is to live.
    let off the gas, take a break, smile, and be thankful. I do it frequently. My right hand has no feeling from the elbow down except pain. I am on my ski and life is wonderful.
    hope you find that happiness spot I live in my friend. Nothing is guaranteed. We make the best of what life deals us is my advice.
    im never failing to keep up. I am simply taking a break to suck in the scenery!

+1
    Good god... Way to one-up on everyone...

Also, holy crap, I am both glad and in disbelief that you are alive. That's a hell of a thing to go through. That you keep going with no fear is actually inspiring.

I've watched too many people get killed on snowmobiles, which is why I dont ride them anymore. I didn't want to die at 24 years of age.

Stay safe and Happy Riding!

As for the original topic, I've been a mechanic for 20 years, and know exactly what you mean about hand/elbow pain. I find if you let it rest when you can, stretch, and use a stress ball, it helps alleviate the symptoms. I dont want to go under the knife and I certainly don't want to be on some endless cycles of painkillers.

+1
    I had a pain similar to carpal tunnel and cortisone worked for about 15 months then it slowly came back. Getting ready for another shot. Check with a hand doctor.

Thanks for the input guys . And I was thinking stress balls or those spring hand strengthener grip things

+1
    Using those is just going to stress your joints more than before. My opinion.

+1
    It may not even be your hand, it may be the nerve root in your neck (C6). I ruptured that disc about 7yrs ago, the acute pain in my neck, shoulder, elbow and hand went away about 1-1/2years later, but my hand will still go numb whether on the street or water. I can only stop and shake it out. My wife rides the lake with me and does not suffer any pain or numbness. I think it's just something we have to live with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information