Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Lightbulb New drag race series - ideas welcome

Hello All, I have been working and researching what it would take to get a official PWC drag race series going for some time now. As some may know I have held several large unofficial races in the canals over the years and have decided that taking a new safety minded, action packed approach to the next level in PWC racing.
    The series will have approx 6+ races a year with a cash prize for overall top 3 points leaders. We are currently in talks with 3 different venues in Florida that are more than happy to host the events and will be tracking another 3 locations somewhere near the midwest and northeast. The launch pad will be based on a 22' pontoon boat with a NHRA approved christmas tree starting light and sensors. Eventually we will be adding sensors to record reaction time, 30'-60'and 100' times and will be available for print out.
    The classes that I would like to see are as follows:
    1. Box stock class- NO mods
    2. Stock class- must be stock charger and wheel, intercooler, bore. NO hull mods beyond 1/4"
    3. Vintage class- must be 2003 and below.
    4. N/A class- (may have to combine with vintage)
    5. Spec class-. rules to be determined
    6. Super stock- super charger - No nitrous- NO hull mods beyond 1/4"
    7. Unlimited- self explained. NO nitromethane
    8. Speed alley- all classes
    9. JR class?
    10. Would like to have awards for best attitude- best in show (think car show) both to be voted on by all at event. And furthest traveled.
    Just a ruff draft on classes a detailed list of rules will be posted as determined.
    Safety will be the number one issue and I have a long list of items that will be added as we go.
    1 .Mandatory safety meeting. (if you are not there you do not race...)
    2. Approved USCG vest
    3. Approved D.O.T full face helmet. Neck brace-No visor
    4. Approved goggles
    5. Ballistic shorts
    6. Approved shoes
    7. Good condition lanyard
    8. Steering cables, nozzles, fuel lines, grips in good working order
    All these will be checked
    I am looking for more ideas from the racers and spectators to see how far that we can take it. Eventually I will be getting the media involved and pushing to hold more events throughout the United States. I have a big job that I am wrapping up in the next 5 weeks and will be making this series my full job/passion from there on out and will have 100% of my attention. We are hoping to hold a soft opening race near Tampa before the first of the year. Website should be finished sometime mid to late september and will also be making a facebook page as times allows.This is all a basic premise of what I envision to make a exciting event. Please feel free to comment with ideas of what can make this a great event for all .This is at the ground floor as of now , but with the PWC communities help it can be the next big thing.
    Would like to come up with a catchy name, logo, and any other ideas too. Looking for a course marshal and safety advisor.
    All I ask is that you please do not disrespect other promoters or race events. Please be patient as this is in the beginning phase and will take some time to get all the bugs worked out. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or would like to help in any way feel free to contact me. Thank you and I am looking forward to your comments and ideas. My ideas are not set in stone and can be modded to best suit. I want to thank Jerry Greenhulk Gaddis for all that he has done for the sport and allowing me to have a good starting point to make this happen.

+1

3. +1 by:

N8R

+1
    Sounds great!!!

5. +1 by:

N8R

Isn't this what Hydro drags is?

+1
    in NY,NJ,PA we been having unsanctioned Grudge Drags for the past 2 yrs the guys are hungry here like wild dogs for an organized drag race with Turbo RXTs ,Big Wheel FZRs and Balls to the Wall GPRXPs even big Offshore tankers like my Ultra and others though not competitive want a piece of the action!!

I and other rider put together a drag race in a good venue with only 11 days notice had 20+ ski from all over running 80-88 mph on many of them , it wasn't truly organized like the Fla Hydros but guys raced hung out it made for a great day.Yesterday there was an pre-announced drag race on many of the Jet ski FB pages 40-50 skis showed up but it turned out to be a big bust no organization.

The Northeast like many other parts of US would love to make it happen can't see fees being an issue as to make it fair and Organized the cost for permits ,Ins ,travel,lodging etc etc would have to understood by racers and are taking the event seriously ....

Good luck Bro!

8. +1 by:

N8R

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Isn't this what Hydro drags is?
    Not sure what your question is?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    in NY,NJ,PA we been having unsanctioned Grudge Drags for the past 2 yrs the guys are hungry here like wild dogs for an organized drag race with Turbo RXTs ,Big Wheel FZRs and Balls to the Wall GPRXPs even big Offshore tankers like my Ultra and others though not competitive want a piece of the action!!

I and other rider put together a drag race in a good venue with only 11 days notice had 20+ ski from all over running 80-88 mph on many of them , it wasn't truly organized like the Fla Hydros but guys raced hung out it made for a great day.Yesterday there was an pre-announced drag race on many of the Jet ski FB pages 40-50 skis showed up but it turned out to be a big bust no organization.

The Northeast like many other parts of US would love to make it happen can't see fees being an issue as to make it fair and Organized the cost for permits ,Ins ,travel,lodging etc etc would have to understood by racers and are taking the event seriously ....

Good luck Bro!
    Thanks Dave... If you guys have any input as to locations,setup, and promoters please feel free to post so we can make this really take off.

Isn't there a drag specific event already which is called Hydro Drags? They are held yearly and have prizes as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Isn't there a drag specific event already which is called Hydro Drags? They are held yearly and have prizes as well.
    Yes there is Hydrodrags but, I believe the more races the better to help the sport survive. I will be taking a different path/view on how the event will be run and handled with the help of the PWC community. Like I stated in original post I will not talk nor allow on this thread any negative comments towards any other promoter or race series. I want this to be a positive/constructive series. Thanks

+1
    This would be great I am all for it just spread the races around some so I don't have to go from Ohio to Florida all the time lol

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information