Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Each state who's body of water is gonna be used for a racing event can be different,in NJ I believe but not 100% sure you have to have a safety boat or dive boat at your expense to come to aid to rescue a racer who is tossed or is need of help from drowning also a final approval from the Coast Guard regarding safety this was discussed with me at a Skiff /Garvey meeting ....

Buts let's forget your most important asset your gonna need sponsors to keep you out of the red and turn a profit ,Riva ,R&D ,Hydro Turf ,Jet Tribe etc your gonna have to get on the phone and make the contacts .Keep this in mind though the NorthEast NY NJ PA CT etc that section has the largest population in the U.S. are they all skiers of course not but on a percentage basis more than Fla , sure Fla might have the fastest skis but there's a lot of Turbo RXTs Big Wheel FZRs Balls to the wall GPRXPs running 80-90 mph and put on a competitive show... Again check each states racing requirements to know what to expect..

BTW by all the Smack Talk I read on the blogs these guys wanna race tomorrow!!

+1
    Awesome been waiting for something like this to happen for awhile. Like Scott said please set a rule book and stick to it. And have a qualified tech guy who knows everything about these skis. Also if you ever decide to have a event in North Carolina I know a place that already holds boat drag races so they will be more then happy to have a event there. It's got a nice white Sandy beach and is fresh water. Smooth water also. You can make this series just as big as p1aquax is if you only put time and effort into it. With a little bit of money of course. First year is a stepping stone and then build from there will blow up I truly believe if you won't it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Each state who's body of water is gonna be used for a racing event can be different,in NJ I believe but not 100% sure you have to have a safety boat or dive boat at your expense to come to aid to rescue a racer who is tossed or is need of help from drowning also a final approval from the Coast Guard regarding safety this was discussed with me at a Skiff /Garvey meeting ....

Buts let's forget your most important asset your gonna need sponsors to keep you out of the red and turn a profit ,Riva ,R&D ,Hydro Turf ,Jet Tribe etc your gonna have to get on the phone and make the contacts .Keep this in mind though the NorthEast NY NJ PA CT etc that section has the largest population in the U.S. are they all skiers of course not but on a percentage basis more than Fla , sure Fla might have the fastest skis but there's a lot of Turbo RXTs Big Wheel FZRs Balls to the wall GPRXPs running 80-90 mph and put on a competitive show... Again check each states racing requirements to know what to expect..

BTW by all the Smack Talk I read on the blogs these guys wanna race tomorrow!!
    Dave, I Appreciate the info, every bit will help. I know that other states will not bring as big of a crowd as Florida , but in time with enough promotion it can be attainable. I am in the process of attaining sponsors now and hope to have atleast 10 commitments before the first of the year. It is and will be a lot of work , but I believe that I can make it a awesome event for all.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    Awesome been waiting for something like this to happen for awhile. Like Scott said please set a rule book and stick to it. And have a qualified tech guy who knows everything about these skis. Also if you ever decide to have a event in North Carolina I know a place that already holds boat drag races so they will be more then happy to have a event there. It's got a nice white Sandy beach and is fresh water. Smooth water also. You can make this series just as big as p1aquax is if you only put time and effort into it. With a little bit of money of course. First year is a stepping stone and then build from there will blow up I truly believe if you won't it
    Brett, I will be following along the lines of ISJBA and hope that they will pick me up at some point. I will find a qualified(non bias) Tech to inspect and actually would like to take it a little further by having a another 3 people at races (qualified tuners) to inspect if controversy arises from 1st Tech. If you have any ideas on how to make this a easier process please feel free to post, that's why I want to make this the racers race. If people voice their opinions it will make it that much better. I am liquidating most of my stuff and turning jobs down after the first of year just to make this a go so to me there's no turning back. If you could post up some info on the place in NC I will check into it. Kinda in the middle for Jersey and Florida.

+1
    N8R, Please add me to your email list, as I am interested in competing and helping out, thanks J-

+1
    please define soft opening. ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dowellj View Post
    N8R, Please add me to your email list, as I am interested in competing and helping out, thanks J-
    pm sent

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by weshawk View Post
    please define soft opening. ...
    lol.... The first event will be at a smaller scale to get the series out there and to give everyone a idea of what the series will be about. I realize that there will be bumps and obstacles with this and figure a smaller opening will help, especially with racers on site to voice their thoughts and opinions. Basically the first race will be a tweeking process....Thanks

+1
    sounds great, but more than likely it will be huge if it gets out there. I myself would love to make it. Please keep me informed on things. I would like to help out anyway possible

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by weshawk View Post
    sounds great, but more than likely it will be huge if it gets out there. I myself would love to make it. Please keep me informed on things. I would like to help out anyway possible
    Word of mouth does go a long ways. Many last minute rides and unsanctioned events in Florida always have big turnouts. More the merrier.
    If you decide to come to the first one bring the family a couple days before and enjoy all this area has to offer. I will keep everything posted as I go, things will pick up faster after I finish up current job. Any help would be much appreciated and will go a long way. Thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information