Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Shaving hull?

+1
    Thanks for the instructions, hopefully you will get 4+mph out of it. fill the plate holes after you see what the results are ? maybe use some epoxy paint . edit maybe you did ?
    Last edited by gp1200rider; 04-25-2017 at 09:21 AM.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    So have you ridden it since? How'd it go?
    Yea many times sorry for the late response

I needed up doing it 2 times I noticed a change but after looking at others they went longer and deeper so I needed up going deeper into the other layers.

Its great i stays hooked unless in some white cap chop it wides like a notmal ski
    i can totally see where someone can mess it up but that all come from if you understand that design and concept

I used a da sander with 80 grit so I was not to tear the nano then as I got the shape I stepped it down to a 120 then a 220 then to a 600

i then painted it with a primer spray paint and then wet sanded that down with 600 so blend tape lines

then just used a enamal paint can that matched close enough almost exact and painted with 3 coats and then wet sanded that with 600 and it worked awesome itís been 2 years now and no peeling or anything
    obviously itís not perfect color match but it adds protection and hasnt effected the raw nano under

wanted to get the color match paint I seen on here I think with the correct color base primer just havenít gotten around to it yet as I really donít see it

Iím on a reflash and 19lb wheel on a c16 93 pump mixture rec ski and pulling 92.4 in high heat here in pa and 95.3 last early spring here in pa with a wetsuit lol temp was in the 50s

but circling back back to the topic
    I can totally see where things can go wrong with proper angles and laying it out right it took a while to get it right 3 times sanding and I feel I really hit the nail on the head itís like a instant feeling when you felt each stage of all 3 times Iíve sanded it to the first time when it felt just right
    so everyone take your time and research
    I couldnít of done this with out 2 guys feeding down the right path to get it setup just right while 20 hours away from them

hope this helps

Anyone who’s tried this mod have any updated results, pros and cons with newer hulls?

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jspeeddemon View Post
    Anyone who’s tried this mod have any updated results, pros and cons with newer hulls?
    This is only for the FZ platform.

+1
    Predicting a future post:

”I shaved my hull. Worked great for a while but now Hull is cracked and leaking and yamaha won’t cover it under warranty. I am really pissed.”

Sorry...couldn’t resist

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Predicting a future post:

ĒI shaved my hull. Worked great for a while but now Hull is cracked and leaking and yamaha wonít cover it under warranty. I am really pissed.Ē

Sorry...couldnít resist
    Only that the mod been around for years with no problems.

9. +1 by:

+1
    It works i picked up 3-4mph with just sanding the hump. I will not show what i did or how i did it. I will not be responsible for nobodys hull or busting their ass. Like they said here do your research. After i sanded mine i painted it to match my hull. Looks factory.

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    It works i picked up 3-4mph with just sanding the hump. I will not show what i did or how i did it. I will not be responsible for nobodys hull or busting their ass. Like they said here do your research. After i sanded mine i painted it to match my hull. Looks factory.
    Same here i picked up 2mph back to back even with a bigger nozzle that's supposed to hurt your your MPH. Also i was 300lbs when i tested it. Im sure with a lighter rider the mod would pick up more MPH. Ski felt more planted aswell.

+1
    Any new results or photos about that hull mods?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information