Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

300 Rxp oil in bilge

Quick question what are the clear tubes near the retro of the hull on the 300? Mine seem to be puking oil into my bilge something fierce. I have a catch can on and nothing is in it. Those clear tubes tho are really dumping oily chit in my bilge and it is really annoying. Got 12 hours on her and the oil is right at the bottom mark. Any ideas what those tunes are for, I don't see what they are even hooked up to that they can collect oil???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RK Performance View Post
    Quick question what are the clear tubes near the retro of the hull on the 300? Mine seem to be puking oil into my bilge something fierce. I have a catch can on and nothing is in it. Those clear tubes tho are really dumping oily chit in my bilge and it is really annoying. Got 12 hours on her and the oil is right at the bottom mark. Any ideas what those tunes are for, I don't see what they are even hooked up to that they can collect oil???
    The two clear tubes in rear are for the bilge. They suck (not pump) liquid out of hull when running ski in water (aka siphon). If you have oil in bilge, you need to check bellow bearing that attaches to PTO. It's possible one of the oetiker clamps came off (one on the PTO side (forward) and one on Driveshaft side (rear).

An easy way to find leak is put compresses air in dip-stick tube and listen or feel for air escaping in backside of PTO. If thats it, take it to dealer and have them deal with it...and have them check engine motor mounts and alignment (the source of issue).

Where are the clamps to check? I've never messed with one of these motors before?��

+1
    Where are the clamps to check? I've never messed with one of these motors before?��
    Then in this case (and if oil in bilge), bring to dealer.

ps. If you don't know where PTO and driveshaft meet, you shouldn't be wrenching on a ski especially since it has warranty.

Answer: Between front part of driveshaft and rear of motor

Thanks I was just trying to get a heads up on where the clamps were. Went out now and can feel that the bellow is torn big time. Why the heck is that smoked already? Will dealer have to replace the bearing etc now too?

+1
    Thanks I was just trying to get a heads up on where the clamps were. Went out now and can feel that the bellow is torn big time. Why the heck is that smoked already? Will dealer have to replace the bearing etc now too?
    As I suspected.

I doubt its actually "torn" but likely popped off the PTO or bearing popped out the bellow. As I mentioned in post #2, bad motor mounts and/or poor engine alignment can cause this to happen. However, because this is a 2016 ski...it's likely just because someone on the assembly line though the ski was a pinata - viva Mexico

No she was torn in half not popped off. Dropped it at the dealer this morning and they were debating wether it was a warranty issue or not. I told them I will light it on fire in their shop if they think I'm paying for it!!

+1
    That's a good sign to find new dealer. That's not a wearable item at only 12hrs

Ok so after my ski being at the dealer for 2 1/2 weeks I got it back today. Said driveshaft was not fully seated in the motor. Replaced all the seals and o-rings checked alignment etc. water tested come pick it up good to go. Well I get it home take it out for a 10 minute ride feel under the engine and just a sloppy mess of oil under there again. WTF is going on!!?!? This thing has been a real POS for the 12 hours it has on it. So now what bring it back to dealer who is incompetent and not have my ski for another few weeks and the season is over just about for us up here in northern Michigan. I think a call to BRP is in order because this is BS

Call BRP and blast them! All else fails Lawyurup. Sue them for breaching the terms of the warranty for not being able to fix it.

Although there is no inherent design flaw. We would have known by now. No lemon boats only lemon mechanics. Either the Mexicans who assembled it or the Dealer who tried unsuccessfully to fix it.

Make noise. Not acceptable when you plunk down $15,000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information