Thread: Pricing

+1

Pricing

Generally how much do dealers charge for freight/prep? I know that's not usually included in MSRP.
    I think I'd like to get another VX Deluxe but would like to know prices before buying.
    Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    Those are fool's charges.

Rule of thumb is, if you're walking out the door with the ski, paperwork signed, after all fees (tax/tag/title/cost of ski) is equal to MSRP.. that's a "do-able" deal if you're not good at haggling. If you walk out the door 1g under MSRP after all fees that's what I consider "normal". If the ski is one model year old (let's say you're buying a 2015), that's an instant 2k below MSRP after tax/tag/title out the door for a "do-able" deal. Normal would be 3k below MSRP after tax/tag/title for a one model year old unit.

Example: I bought my 2015 FZR in June of 2015 (height of the buying season) for $15,000 flat out the door with 5 year warranty and OEM cover. That was a decent purchase, especially for June.

+1
    Thanks. I'm not getting good prices.

Banned User
    +1
    Are you financing or paying cash? You won't get any deals paying cash, in fact they'll bend you over further. Apply for Yamaha Credit at two dealerships close to each other that has the ski you want, they get an alert if you're approved elsewhere. Then the bidding war starts. Tell em the other has it cheaper, then they'll lower the price. Then goto the other dealer saying the other guy is lower and they'll lower the price. Just keeping back and forth, takes a couple days/week. Eventually you'll get the price you want with all the features thrown in. Then just pay the financing off within a couple months.

+1
    Oh I hate playing these games. If that's what I have to do, I'll wait until next spring and just get a 17. He was only giving me $400 off MSRP on the ski.

Banned User
    +1
    Buy a ski today or buy one next spring, the same game will have to be played if you want a good price.

+1
    i actually pick up my new ski tomorrow. 2016 fzs. out the door price including ski, tax, reg, freight, doc and whatever else was 13238.00. the big chunk of add on money is always the tax and unfortunately we cant get away from that one. ski itself was 11,999. i think msrp is for just the ski is 14,799. now i have someone i know thats in charge of sales at a pretty big dealership here. he said that was below his cost so he didnt understand how they were doing that price. in any case he couldnt touch that so i am going on a 3hr ride to this other dealership to pick this thing up to replace my r12x. i feel your pain though with the games. i hate dealerships of any kind and going through all the mess but its a necessary evil i guess.

+1
    Well I just wanted a simple VX Deluxe and all I was getting was $400 of MSRP.
    I wound up getting a lower price for the VX Limited, so I think I'll go with that.

Thread Information