Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,544
    +1
    194

    got this from riva this morning . read .

    Today at 1:12 AM
    Dear Riva Motorsports Customer:

    The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is asking for comments on a proposal to increase the amount of ethanol that must be blended into the nation's gasoline supply for 2017. If adopted, these proposed levels will require the use of a record amount of ethanol, forcing higher-level fuel blends (including E15 or 15% ethanol) into gas pumps and at more gas stations. It's important to know that most motorsports engines are built to only work with up to 10% ethanol.

    Please take a few moments to send a message NOW urging the EPA to lower the ethanol mandates to ensure an adequate supply of fuel that will work in your engine.

    Click here to take action.

    Background:

    The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) is the 2005 law that requires the blending of biofuels such as corn-ethanol into our gasoline. When written, it was assumed that America's use of gasoline would continue to rise. However, U.S. gasoline usage has actually dropped steadily since 2005 and now the law forces more ethanol into fewer gallons of gasoline.

    To keep up with this mandate, in 2010 the EPA permitted E15 (fuel containing up to 15% ethanol) into the marketplace, for some engines. E15 has been proven to damage boat engines and so it is prohibited in marine engines. It is also illegal to use E15 in snowmobiles, motorcycles, small engines like lawn mowers and leaf blowers, as well as any car or light-truck made before 2001.

    E15 and higher ethanol blends fuel can now be found in 23 states, often at the very same pumps as E10 gasoline. A sticker on the pump mixed in with all the other labels may be the only warning for E15 gasoline. This creates a huge potential for mis-fueling and puts owners at risk of using fuel that will damage their engines. CLICK HERE for more information on E15 and the Renewable Fuel Standard.

    Let EPA hear how more ethanol will affect your engine. The deadline for your comment is July 11th, 2016. Help spread the word and please FORWARD TO A FRIEND.

    Sincerely,

    RIVA Crew

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Gulfport Ms
    Posts
    522
    +1
    119
    They need to get rid of all the ethanol in gas , oil is cheap .

  3. +1 by:

    @JC

  4. #3
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,770
    +1
    924
    It seems as though the deadline to comment has already passed

  5. #4
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,544
    +1
    194
    unfortunately our great gov is not going to stop dropping corn in our tanks ,they make to much money doing that.

  6. #5
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,544
    +1
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    It seems as though the deadline to comment has already passed
    i just realize that , what was the point on riva sending it this morning . lol . i guess someone forgot to hit the enter key last month .
    still good info to know.

  7. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    41,175
    +1
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    ... It is also illegal to use E15 in snowmobiles, motorcycles, small engines like lawn mowers and leaf blowers, as well as any car or light-truck made before 2001.

    ...
    Is this statement factually correct?

    Illegal means there is laws or regulations prohibiting that use. I understand that it is not a good thing to use E15 blended gasoline in these small engines, but is it actually against the law? If there is no such rule or law then the use is not illegal, even if it is not a good thing to do.

    Cars, light trucks and motorcycles are emissions regulated so incorrect fueling would run counter to the emissions regulations.

    Small engines in non-road vehicles and lawn mowers, etc are not regulated in this way, so what rules or law prevents using E15 in those engines?

    For personal watercraft which are Low Emissions certified (such as the California 2006 regulations) is E15 illegal to use?

  8. #7
    Speed Junkie UnleashedBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Posts
    758
    +1
    167
    This is a political push from mid western politicians to support their farming states/communities. They loved the "lobbying" kickbacks from 10% legislation, imagine just 5% more. Corn has no place in our fuel, as it requires more energy to produce it than it replaces, reduces the efficiency of your engine, with little to no emission benefits.


  9. #8
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,544
    +1
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    ... It is also illegal to use E15 in snowmobiles, motorcycles, small engines like lawn mowers and leaf blowers, as well as any car or light-truck made before 2001.

    ...
    Is this statement factually correct?

    Illegal means there is laws or regulations prohibiting that use. I understand that it is not a good thing to use E15 blended gasoline in these small engines, but is it actually against the law? If there is no such rule or law then the use is not illegal, even if it is not a good thing to do.

    Cars, light trucks and motorcycles are emissions regulated so incorrect fueling would run counter to the emissions regulations.

    Small engines in non-road vehicles and lawn mowers, etc are not regulated in this way, so what rules or law prevents using E15 in those engines?

    For personal watercraft which are Low Emissions certified (such as the California 2006 regulations) is E15 illegal to use?
    i don't really know if they are illegal or not , that info was email to me just today , copy and paste here.

  10. #9
    sv650k4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    harrisonburg VA
    Posts
    96
    +1
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    This is a political push from mid western politicians to support their farming states/communities. They loved the "lobbying" kickbacks from 10% legislation, imagine just 5% more. Corn has no place in our fuel, as it requires more energy to produce it than it replaces, reduces the efficiency of your engine, with little to no emission benefits.
    and dont forget that we are destroying our topsoil over time to which will eventually make food prices rise substantially since there won't be good soil to grow our crops in.

  11. #10
    silver93t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,079
    +1
    50
    I got it too and signed it. I've noticed significantly more corrosion in carbs and fuel lines deteriorate faster since they started blending in ethanol a number of years ago. Most older vehicles and engines were never designed to run on this crap. I run straight E85 in my Evo race car but that was purpose built from the start to run it. Big difference when you just start blending it into regular gasoline without making the appropriate changes to the engine gaskets, fuel system, and tune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 04:22 PM
  2. As Any One Ever Used This Mod From Riva? More AIR!!!
    By fxho in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 12:19 PM
  3. Riva ECU reprogram - read this - make sense?
    By camar0 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 06:46 PM
  4. Few cool cars from this morning... *PICS*
    By KeithKman in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
  5. so my house got robbed this morning!!!
    By mxl16 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •