2014 RXTX AS 260 170 Hrs - RPMs Bouncing between 5k-6k RPM

Ok i've had this problem on and off for a while now. Usually take it for service (oil change and spark plugs) and when i get it back, it works fine .

My ski (usually during 1-3 ft chops) seems to have periods where it wont go past 7k or 5k rpm. One time it was bouncing between 4k and 5k and the last time when i got it on video after i installed a SCOM it was bouncing between 6k and 7k. I'm basically holding the throttle all the way down. the ski accelerates till it hits 7k , then cuts fuel till it hits 6k and then re-engages fuel. usually limits me to 50mph and doesnt give me any check engine lights or anything. Everything else works fine, it accelerates from 0 to 55 fine but when i hit 6k, thats it. just watch the videos and see. Sorry for the Shakyness- the 3rd video shows the problem best.

The ski had a service about 10 hours ago or less. The problem came back 8 hours ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/27dpj0jrc...FRAgvKxga?dl=0

you can access the dropbox video and watch these 3 videos i took the last time i went out. All 3 videos at peak, I'm holding throttle down and 55mph is all the ski is doing.

Only problem the ski has is the wear ring and props are worn. I ordered Solas SRZ-TP-15/21A Sea Doo Twin Prop Impeller. Also i'm wondering if i should stick to the plastic wear ring or switch to steel?

To make things easier i uploaded the video to youtube. Again, I'm holding the throttle down the whole time ....

https://youtu.be/pnCVdd9Uem8

Last edited by xxxmina; 06-17-2016 at 03:01 AM.

I found this other guy that seems to have a similar problem.... except since hes on flat water so it does it allot faster....comments suggest others have had it , but no solution yet... also i was reading another thread and i was wondering would the bilge pump activating cause the ski to do this? maybe the bouncing around is triggering the bilge pump? FYI: I have a factory bilge pump installed.....

Im not sure but ive heard leaky intercoolers can cause this

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickspark View Post
    I had dealer test for this, not because of this problem but because a friend of mine had bad Intercooler and i wanted to make sure mine didn't. FYI: I live in Miami , FL , so this is all in salt water and this video was taken at Haulover Sandbar area/ Intercostal waters. also i would like to state if i didnt speed/ go past 6500 rpm, i would'nt have noticed anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxmina View Post
    I had dealer test for this, not because of this problem but because a friend of mine had bad Intercooler and i wanted to make sure mine didn't. FYI: I live in Miami , FL , so this is all in salt water and this video was taken at Haulover Sandbar area/ Intercostal waters.
    Have you ridden your ski after they tested it? If you're not flushing it after each ride, remaining salt in the IC can cause corrosion and small holes.

Have you ridden your ski after they tested it? If you're not flushing it after each ride, remaining salt in the IC can cause corrosion and small holes.
    Ski has 170 hours that i put on it in 1.5 years. if i was'nt flushing it , we would be having a different conversation. I flush my ski after each ride and wash it inside and out with salt away. Ontop of that i use lots of cans of sea-doo lube. This video was taken last Saturday, oil change was done a month ago, the test was done with oil change. this problem i've had on and off for about a year or so . Miami water is usually very choppy so its hard for me to get to 6k-7k rpm most days. Also this problem was happening before my oil change and when I did the oil change the problem went away for a while . it leads me to believe it might be an oil problem but my tech says if its oil i would get a check engine light or something. I get no lights what so ever, the ski has been plugged into buds as well.no codes. How do i check oil level? do i just check the dipstick or are there rules to it?

FYI: the dealer replaced my RXT-X AS gauge with a GTX-IS gauge. this one doesn't show boost among other things. they ordered the right one, just waiting on it. This problem was happening with the old gauge too so its not that.

+1
    How did you go with SRZ-TP-15/21A prop? Any feed back

Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    How did you go with SRZ-TP-15/21A prop? Any feed back
    I like it but i cant really tell the difference. I got 70mph with scom in perfect water but a year later I'm only getting 65. Although lighter friends seem to see 70-72mph. I weigh 230 va friends who are 180. All this with plastic wear ring. For the most part the water i ride in is very choppy so it hasnt bothered me because i rarley see over 55mph

Thread Information