+1

Opinions sought on real old school stand-up's

Stand ups were my boyhood dream, now you can't even buy them new in NY.

We love our current ski but I want more! I know nothing about 2 strokes. These seem like great prices to me.

Does anyone have any insight on these particular models? The top and bottom ones have what look like really clean and well maintained engines. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	391032

+1
    The 650sx is a fun ski and bullet proof. Also, 1 tank of gas goes a long way.

+1
    I would go for a superjet or 750 sxi/800 sxr but worth every penny for one!

+1
    Anything 650 and newer will be best. The old 440/550 always had issues and neede to be tinkered with even when new. Hell i don't know if you can still fine parts for them either.

+1
    You can still find parts for them but they aren't exactly cheap. We just finished a customers 86 js550 and his bill was like 2500 with a new motor and labor. If you know nothing about 2 strokes I would highly recommend getting a newer model and to get someone to do a compression test done. Stand ups are a ton of fun!

+1
    IF that 650sx with 750 swap runs out good it will be a ton of fun. The 550's are not that powerful in stock form and as stated usually have some issues. An older squarenose Superjet is real fun too, even with the 650! Click my Facebook link for a pic of me jumping a small wake with my mostly stock 650sx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW GPR View Post
    You can still find parts for them but they aren't exactly cheap. We just finished a customers 86 js550 and his bill was like 2500 with a new motor and labor. If you know nothing about 2 strokes I would highly recommend getting a newer model and to get someone to do a compression test done. Stand ups are a ton of fun!
    I was under the impression most OEM parts such as the electronic stuff was not being made anymore, the shop who does my stuff back home refubished one for a customer and they told me they were having trouble finding some stuff.

But yeah its funny to think, at almost all the lakes i've been to in this country you always see kids messing wih 550's having issue after issues with them. They bought them because they were cheap and could barley afford them, and they're mind boggled that a piston is similar priced to say a 650 piston. Lol parts are parts it cost the same to make them. I undertand its a cheap way to get someone introduced but 550's kind also lead them out just as easy. And this is coming from someone who had one when they were consider somewhat new.

Lol okay my rants over, i just really dont like seeing young kids first experiance with Stand ups be 550 because most of the time i see them get super frustrated and just leave the sport all together.

I have a nice 440/650 Conversion ski but if I am looking for a 750/800 or Superjet now just need to sell my Ninja first. Those are good prices for the ones you listed.

22R

Had multiple 550s never had issues after swapping the carb and rejeting. Any ski you can have issues with, spend the time and learn how it works and make it right.

Op really depends on your budget 550's are cheap and easy modified, 300 do not waste your time 650sx ehhhhh..... 750sxi and the more expensive 800 are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Had multiple 550s never had issues after swapping the carb and rejeting. Any ski you can have issues with, spend the time and learn how it works and make it right.

Op really depends on your budget 550's are cheap and easy modified, 300 do not waste your time 650sx ehhhhh..... 750sxi and the more expensive 800 are the way to go.
    Good advice there !!!!

Thread Information