Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

ski mode similar to cruise mode?

I'm considering a GTR and I see there isn't an option for cruise on them anymore but there still is a ski mode module option. So my question is if I installed the ski module and say set it to 30MPH would that be pretty similar to a cruise control or is there something different between the two?

+1
    That's correct. It holds a certain speed just like Yamaha's "Cruise Mode" but I believe Ski Mode also has different levels of programmable acceleration.

+1
    ok. So could that be why they dropped the cruise module? i guess the difference could be that you can't tweak the speed up or down as your driving.

+1
    I wish I could tell you more. I never owned a Wake model or tinkered with the ski modules that I have installed.

+1
    I have a GTR (2014) and had the Ski Mode installed by the dealer at purchase time. I also wanted the Cruise control and ended up buying it when it was still available. Believe it or not, but the Cruise Control and the Ski Mode electronic plug in module are identical, they have the same part numbers.
    The ONLY difference is the kit for the right hand handlebar, with a new cover and the button plus the 2 wires coming from that, through the steering head and down to the electronics. So, I used the dealer installed ski mode and installed the new button (from cruise control kit) and sold my spare cruise control electronic module as a ski mode. Which worked perfectly. Taking the handlebars apart is painful but really only a 2 hour job.

If you can source the rght hand handlebar button plus it's wiring plus the plastic replacement cover fitting (or perhaps drill it out, it looked identical) you can have cruise control with ski mode.
    I now have both, Ski mode by itself will probably be ok, however the cruise is much faster to set, you just hit the button when you get to the speed you want and nail it.
    Doing the same with just ski mode would involve a lot of button pushes.. and it's limited to it's upper speed which I don't think ski mode is... Crusie control also gives you slow speed running as well - I can confirm this all works fine.

I have the original instructions if anyone wants them? Not sure if I can/should post?
    Jerry - what's the policy????

+1
    If you could PM me the instructions that would be great! Any chance you know the part number for the button too? I would like to get the OEM button instead of some other random button.

+1
    Awesome. Great info guys. I wonder if you can buy the switch separately then. Also those presets in ski mode was pretty much what I had in mind. Is it possible to switch from one preset to the other on the fly or do you have to stop first?

+1
    I see the switch can still be purchased. I suppose this is still a possibility then. Glad I asked the question now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flash 800 View Post
    I see the switch can still be purchased. I suppose this is still a possibility then. Glad I asked the question now.
    Can you post the part number please?

+1

278002442 Ski Module

Here's the full parts list for Cruise mode. I have a PDF of the instructions but can't upload it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cruisemodeparts.PNG 
Views:	1582 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	389660  
    Last edited by K447; 06-01-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: 278002442 Ski Module

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information