Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by scott2640 View Post
    A reflash has now become an acceptable risk. I bought a leftover 2014 FX cruiser SVHO in 2016 because of a great deal and she has been a great family ski. I'm a regular 40's guy who likes cruising around the lake, playing a little with a few wot runs. However compared to a lot of guys on here i'm a slow old fart. I added the air intake when I first got her but that is the only modification to an otherwise totally stock ski.

The timing chain thing was a big deal in 2016 and while after 120 hours I haven't had a problem, back then I was reluctant to push my machine to hard for fear of the dreaded chain failure. However, now she's well used and depreciated so why not try to have a little more fun. I'm handy with construction and boat building but I'm no engine guy. I don't want to do any other modifications but still want to have a cooler hole shot and a little more top end speed.

So I guess my question would be, does Dean do "casual" tune? Nothing crazy, but enough to just let the engine do what it was engineered to do without a computer limiting it's power?

If so, anyone here done something similar, and what were your results?
    Absolutely. I had this setup on my 2018 FX SVHO. Dean's stage 1 tune with an 8750 limiter and ran ski 8500- 8600RPM, with air intake, ribbon delete, Solas 13/20, rideplate mod, 2 degree wedge, free flow exhaust. If I remember correctly I ran 79mph - 81mph depending on weather.

Now with Fizzle 8850 limiter running 8700 rpm I ran 84.9mph.

Dean also has a tune called the lake ride cruise tune which is designed for exactly what you described. These should all be available for purchase through here in the GreenHulk online store.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Is it unheard of to actually lose top speed after a flash. I just recently got my '16 Vxr flashed by Dean, without any other changes besides aftermarket sponsons, I lost 4-5 mph, however the low/mid-range is unreal. I'm planning on going with another prop to increase rpms to take advantage of the limiter increase, but don't see how I actually could lose top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokaplaya75 View Post
    Is it unheard of to actually lose top speed after a flash. I just recently got my '16 Vxr flashed by Dean, without any other changes besides aftermarket sponsons, I lost 4-5 mph, however the low/mid-range is unreal. I'm planning on going with another prop to increase rpms to take advantage of the limiter increase, but don't see how I actually could lose top speed.
    Of course thatís why. Iím surprised he even flashed it. Did you tell him that you were keeping the stock impeller? You need to get in touch with him and ask him what pitch to go with and any other mods.

+1
    Not keeping the stock impeller...but he said see how it reacts with the stock before you touch it. Plan on using a 13/16 skat...possibly Repitched if needed

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information