Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

almost a worse day.

Was at the lake this weekend when I ran into a guy with a new 300. It was his fist ski and first thing is he idles up to me wanting to race. I had seen him out earlier and he was not the kind of guy I want to ride anywhere near. We didn't race but tried to steer clear . We all were standing on the dock and heard a loud thump. His girlfriend had stopped her ski to enter a no wake and he went over the back of her ski. His sponson hooked her life jacket and as he went on over dragged her off her ski and underneath his. She panicked and he jumped off and got her out of the jacket. All she got was a bruised thumb and will get a new jacket.

Very luck girl she never saw him coming.

+1
    Damn John. Quite perceptive of you to know to steer clear. They ride among us !!!

3. +1 by:

+1

+1
    There are so many crazy idiots. A guy with a 215 tried to spray me when I was loading my ski in the water and he ended up hitting a rock that was in the shallow water

+1
    John, when things go south they can happen very fast. On my 3rd race on Sunday morning , I again got the hole-shot but did make a big effort to stay clear of the pros. Well as fate would have it Dave White a seasoned pro fell off in the 1st turn just inside of me .... you would think no problem. Wait for it .... his ski shot out right in front of me while I was way outside . I hit it broad side. Landing on top of it "planted". Damn, I was scared cause I did not see him and I was sitting on top of his ski. I did not fly off. He however, was in the water about 20 feet away. I thanked God. He was OK. He said his lanyard came out ant the ski threw him. I had no time to turn away. His ski sustained major damage. As luck would have it, all above the water line, thus did not sink. I told him how sorry I was ... but he said "Steve it was not your fault, you could not avoided it". He was fine & even raced his back up ski in the next moto.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Was at the lake this weekend when I ran into a guy with a new 300. It was his fist ski
    Oh boy really, where do these clowns get the money?

We all were standing on the dock and heard a loud thump. His girlfriend had stopped her ski to enter a no wake and he went over the back of her ski. His sponson hooked her life jacket and as he went on over dragged her off her ski and underneath his. She panicked and he jumped off and got her out of the jacket. All she got was a bruised thumb and will get a new jacket.

That at could have been so much worse, what happened to her ski much damage?

out of interest what was her ski brand new gti 130? Or another 300?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Was at the lake this weekend when I ran into a guy with a new 300. It was his fist ski
    Oh boy really, where do these clowns get the money?

We all were standing on the dock and heard a loud thump. His girlfriend had stopped her ski to enter a no wake and he went over the back of her ski. His sponson hooked her life jacket and as he went on over dragged her off her ski and underneath his. She panicked and he jumped off and got her out of the jacket. All she got was a bruised thumb and will get a new jacket.

That at could have been so much worse, what happened to her ski much damage?

out of interest what was her ski brand new gti 130? Or another 300?
    She had a couple of older gtx with the 951 in them i believe.

The only thing on hers was the rear edge of the seat was torn and the 300 had some scrape marks on the front right. Really not much considering what could have been.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Damn John. Quite perceptive of you to know to steer clear. They ride among us !!!
    When the first words out of his mouth is want a race and was serious that makes me question.
    Then when we have 8 skis sitting in a group on the open water and he comes flying at us and 50 feet away hits the reverse to slow himself down we all new he wasn't going to ride with us so we sort of avoided him.

+1
    Then when we have 8 skis sitting in a group on the open water and he comes flying at us and 50 feet away hits the reverse to slow himself down we all new he wasn't going to ride with us so we sort of avoided him.
    the brake he hit the brake it's all fine as he has a brake, the salesman told him so, "it will be fine sir this model has the special brake"

+1
    Last year I saw 2 brothers at a local shallow water spot. They were new riders, you could easily tell. My ski ended up eating a wear ring and I had to park it on shore and get my trailer. By the time I got to my truck and trailer, the dock was filled with cops and lights everywhere. Ends up the one brother drove almost head on into the other, taking the front hatch and entire steering column off, and killing his brother.

Stuff happens too fast on these. No matter how many times we see videos, and articles about driving safe, people hop on these machines and think "how hard can it be".

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information