Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 2016 vxr slow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead74 View Post
    exactly!! I agree he's on crack. a stock 2013 VXR does 68 mph with no mods. with ride plate and ribbon delete and power filter maybe 71 mph at best.

My 2015 VXS only goes 62MPH with now Riva Ride plate, intake grate, K&N filter kit, Riva waterbox and exhaust, 11/15 concorde impeller.
    Just bought the ribbon delete ring and ordered a chip tune.
    RPM is only at 7700rpm with all these mods.
    I wondering about taking in the old waterbox again to see the difference, maybe the riva waterbox is only for jetskis with supercharger, but does not say anything about that on rivas homepage.

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meisen View Post
    My 2015 VXS only goes 62MPH with now Riva Ride plate, intake grate, K&N filter kit, Riva waterbox and exhaust, 11/15 concorde impeller.
    Just bought the ribbon delete ring and ordered a chip tune.
    RPM is only at 7700rpm with all these mods.
    I wondering about taking in the old waterbox again to see the difference, maybe the riva waterbox is only for jetskis with supercharger, but does not say anything about that on rivas homepage.
    The issue is not your waterbox. For one an 11/15 concorde is an issue as that is not for a stock tune. Probably all over the limiter. Riva stage 1 states 8300 rpm to get 68 mph using that impeller. Do not change anything until you have your tune. What "chip tune" do you have on the way?

When changing ride plate and grate did you seal it up and reususe the stock rubber piece between them? Not using this stock piece and having poor seal has been a cause for ventilation and decreased performance for some on forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    The issue is not your waterbox. For one an 11/15 concorde is an issue as that is not for a stock tune. Probably all over the limiter. Riva stage 1 states 8300 rpm to get 68 mph using that impeller. Do not change anything until you have your tune. What "chip tune" do you have on the way?

When changing ride plate and grate did you seal it up and reususe the stock rubber piece between them? Not using this stock piece and having poor seal has been a cause for ventilation and decreased performance for some on forum.
    Thanx for nice answer.
    I have ordered a chip tune from a local dealership here in Norway, they chiptuned my previous VXS and that one worked well, measured 74mph after, that one went as high as 8600rpm with the ribbon delete.
    Do you have a tuned yours and what rpm do you get?
    Yes, I have seal them up and reused the stock rubber between there+I bought the rubber seal kit for the intake grate also.

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meisen View Post
    Thanx for nice answer.
    I have ordered a chip tune from a local dealership here in Norway, they chiptuned my previous VXS and that one worked well, measured 74mph after, that one went as high as 8600rpm with the ribbon delete.
    Do you have a tuned yours and what rpm do you get?
    Yes, I have seal them up and reused the stock rubber between there+I bought the rubber seal kit for the intake grate also.
    I have stock tune as I don't want to use premium fuel in this machine. Also have ribbon delete, cold air intake, stock prop, stock intake grate, and Jims cut on the original shorter ride plate and see 66 mph ~7700 rpm.

Maybe shop can bend prop for rpm target after tune? Good target rpm is ~8100-8300 rpm on these tuned motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
    I have stock tune as I don't want to use premium fuel in this machine. Also have ribbon delete, cold air intake, stock prop, stock intake grate, and Jims cut on the original shorter ride plate and see 66 mph ~7700 rpm.

Maybe shop can bend prop for rpm target after tune? Good target rpm is ~8100-8300 rpm on these tuned motors.
    Ok, thanx again for answers.
    Will see how this turns out when it comes back from the shop.
    Just hope i can get rid of this heating alarm, hoping its just the sensor.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information