Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
    Yep, no need to pinch on a pressurized water supply there's plenty of volume to flush everything out and the water box valve still gets flushed right along with everything else.
    I don't know anything about the "waterbox valve". Is that something that can be looked at and checked visually and repaired or is it welded up in the box and you have to replace the whole thing if it goes bad? Do all waterboxes have this? If the valve gets stuck in say the down position can it cause overheating...?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trxxx250r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
    Yep, no need to pinch on a pressurized water supply there's plenty of volume to flush everything out and the water box valve still gets flushed right along with everything else.
    I don't know anything about the "waterbox valve". Is that something that can be looked at and checked visually and repaired or is it welded up in the box and you have to replace the whole thing if it goes bad? Do all waterboxes have this? If the valve gets stuck in say the down position can it cause overheating...?
    Not all, older 580 and 720's don't but the 787's all do. The parts fiche refers to it as the muffler & pressure regulator to get the semantics right if you want to go and look them up (click on the OEM parts button top of the header here at GH) but essentially as the rave valves open and change the exhaust port flow it's job is to close and inject less water into the muffler to accommodate additional volume at higher rpm's.

The most common malfunction in that water valve occurs from a hole being made in the bellows that controls the valve stem from the steel clamp at the bottom, replacement bellows are available and I like to use a 4" radius head zip tie for fuel hose to replace that metal clamp.

+1
    Oh, that valve! Sorry man to have wasted your time, I knew all that, that valve is working perfectly. I replaced the innards a while back.

I thought you meant there was like a one way flapper valve inside the waterbox...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trxxx250r View Post
    Oh, that valve! Sorry man to have wasted your time, I knew all that, that valve is working perfectly. I replaced the innards a while back.

I thought you meant there was like a one way flapper valve inside the waterbox...
    Right on, no worries better to ask than guess lol.

That valve will cause all kinds of top end loss if it's not doing it's job the performance difference is pretty noticeable with a fresh bellow in there to pop it open when you pin the throttle.

+1
    Took it out today and it was a rocket, no issues!

Thanks for everyones help!!!

+1
    The manual does say to pinch it, but I never do it. Even though the water flows to either sides, it still sends enough water to flush and cool the engine. Always blackflush it. So they way its put is the correct way

Interesting thing about pinching the hose to was always curious about the amount of water being bypassed right out the back. I wonder if it does a better job if you close off the exit side

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information