Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

+1
    WoW////really? 3 pages trying to tear apart my post? Do you spoiled, entitled, "I have everything better, faster than you, etc" folks have nothing better to do then be on every internet forum on every subject matter spouting the same shit? Picking apart every little thing written, implied, or plain misread.... Doesn't it ever get old?

Never said the VXR was the fastest ski, wasn't implying it was even the BEST ski. For me the dollar to fun ratio is excellent. Yes, I burned half (more or less) the gas of the 215s, I was the tour guide, I set the pace. I am aware of the tank sizes and the fuel burn rates.....We didnt run at WOT the whole time, I usually cruise around 6000 RPMs and they were having to ride harder and burn more fuel to keep up. I have as much fun in the woods on my trusty Honda ATV than I ever did in my Commander that costs 5 times as much, so I sold the Commander and kept the Honda, Dollar to fun ratio just wasnt worth it (And BRP makes pure garbage, but thats for another thread).

So hate on, bash, fact check, or just go suck an egg. Im out here to have fun, 48.2 hours already, 0 problems... see you at the lake, or river, or ocean. Ill be the guy smiling ear to ear, having spent way less to have just as much fun.

Banned User
    +1
    I was just trying to share in your "first ride" joy my friend. Wasn't trying to hate or be holier than thou. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I did get carried away chatting about parts with bizeagle. Sorry about that also.

Aside from that, I love my VXR. I don't care what anyone thinks about it being the best, fastest or otherwise. Have fun on the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilin' Dominator View Post
    I was just trying to share in your "first ride" joy my friend. Wasn't trying to hate or be holier than thou. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I did get carried away chatting about parts with bizeagle. Sorry about that also.

Aside from that, I love my VXR. I don't care what anyone thinks about it being the best, fastest or otherwise. Have fun on the water.
    You are fine, honestly I quit reading after a couple of posts. I just get tired of the know it all, argumentative people on every single internet forum that think they have to chime in on everything. BTW if top speed was all I was after I'd take the $2900 i saved at purchase, and the gas savings after a season of riding and put it towards a turbo kit on my VXR. If its "almost" as fast as a SC ski now, it only makes sense that it would be quite a bit faster than a SC ski with a turbo...but thats not my goal. Peace.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer17 View Post

You are fine, honestly I quit reading after a couple of posts. I just get tired of the know it all, argumentative people on every single internet forum that think they have to chime in on everything. BTW if top speed was all I was after I'd take the $2900 i saved at purchase, and the gas savings after a season of riding and put it towards a turbo kit on my VXR. If its "almost" as fast as a SC ski now, it only makes sense that it would be quite a bit faster than a SC ski with a turbo...but thats not my goal. Peace.
    I hear ya, totally agree. I was torn between the VXR and FZR when I bought mine but common sense won. I have no need for a supercharged jet ski and didn't feel like dropping the extra cash. This is all about personal preference. The VXR has made me giggle on a few occasions (especially since adding the ribbon delete). I am not out to win races or tell everyone I have a "supercharged" jet ski. For me, it was what made sense and what I knew I would enjoy. I don't have to worry about rebuilding a S/C or a timing chain breaking at 20 hours either. I am nearly 40 years old. 2mph on the top end or how fast it gets there is irrelevant to me. Now, if I was 18-25 years old and mommy and daddy were footing the bill or it was something my ego NEEDED then it may have been a different story. LOL

5. +1 by:

+1
    There is ONLY one thing better for me than having a VXR, and that's having TWO. If I wanted something faster I would have purchased a different ski this year instead of the same model . Riding side by side with my 15 yr old daughter is priceless to me. I believe that there is no better ski for me at this time because I feel grateful and content for what I have.

+1
    I would have a VXR right now if a double wide PWC trailer would fit in my #3 garage door. When I bought the FX Cruiser HO, it was for my wife's birthday and I wanted a PWC that was as safe and easy for her to operate as possible. I was also going to buy a VXR for me but fortunately I measured the width of 2 Yamaha PWCs sitting on a double trailer and found that the length was fine but the width was about an inch too wide for my garage doors. Maybe I should get a construction quote on modifying my garage doors or buy a different house

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence (RI) View Post
    There is ONLY one thing better for me than having a VXR, and that's having TWO. If I wanted something faster I would have purchased a different ski this year instead of the same model . Riding side by side with my 15 yr old daughter is priceless to me. I believe that there is no better ski for me at this time because I feel grateful and content for what I have.
    Best ski to get if you don't want a SC one for sure. Nothing else N/A on the market that comes close to it's performance.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post
    I would have a VXR right now if a double wide PWC trailer would fit in my #3 garage door. When I bought the FX Cruiser HO, it was for my wife's birthday and I wanted a PWC that was as safe and easy for her to operate as possible. I was also going to buy a VXR for me but fortunately I measured the width of 2 Yamaha PWCs sitting on a double trailer and found that the length was fine but the width was about an inch too wide for my garage doors. Maybe I should get a construction quote on modifying my garage doors or buy a different house

BUY A DIFFERENT HOUSE....HAHAHA. That is the statement of the day right there....thinking like a man!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post

BUY A DIFFERENT HOUSE....HAHAHA. That is the statement of the day right there....thinking like a man!
    It was a disappointment for me. I will find a way to right this injustice. The thing is, I refuse to leave a great looking jet ski out in the weather to decay. I can't stand to see UV baked, scratched up filthy jet skis with mold growing inside of the hull and upholstery falling apart.

+1
    Both of mine are stored outside with OEM covers which have vents.The covers seem to breathe rather well. After riding I usually clean and vacuum, then let them dry out for a day or two before putting the covers on. My brother shrink wraps boats but I'd never want to seal the moisture in and don't care how many vents he puts. The "14" looks brand spanking new with 110 hrs on it. I also raise the tongue and place on a sawhorse.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information