2008 Ultra250 Supercharger

My supercharger is blown. Best place to get a replaement? Reluctant to buy off ebay and the such. I saw a post where someone had a link on FB to someone that sold new or rebuilt?? Thanks in advance

Hi Nicjak on these forums mentioned something about a guys selling them on FB recently

Here is the actual LINK where nicjak talks about a guy named Kev on FB having the best prices on FB for SC

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...perchargers+fb

May I also suggest doing a bit more research on a better Super Charge?r for your ski maybe RIVA or a similar company makes a more robust Super Charger for your ski? Maybe even an upgrade kit for your SC? I seem to read about a lot of SC failures for you Ultra the 250s and I presume the 260s have the same charger. I believe some guys have adapted the Eaton SC to your ski, so that is another avenue for you to consider. Again it is my understanding that even if you purchase a new replacement SC for your ski you may well find your self in the same situation in the very near future with another blown super charger. Also there is a company in the USA that we have dealt with for SC Bearings etc and very good guys, maybe contact Jon and find out if he can rebuilt your SC and beef it up so that it will not fail again. https://www.jonbondperformance.com/
    Then there is also Anton in Russia who is also on these forums and he makes pulleys and all kinds of things for PWC s and does very nice work and has CAD Machines etc, again maybe he can fabricate a better SC or parts for you. You can PM me for e mails etc.

I just sent the following email to Jon to find out a few things that might be of help to you and other owners of the 250/260s

Hi Jon

Rod here in Thailand, all is well here, hey do you have experience rebuilding (Modifying) the Ogura Super Charger used in the Kawasaki PWC, models 250 and 260 Ultra? I know you supply parts for the 300 ultra Eaton Supercharger, but a LOT of guys snap shafts etc on this Ogura Supercharger used on the Ultra 250 and 260. Can you possibly modify the shafts etc to make them more robust as a lot of guys on our forums have seized and broken Ogura Superchargers, and I would like to send them to you for a solution if possible?
    Last edited by rod_rod; 04-23-2016 at 01:19 PM.

+1
    You cant fit a 300 sc to a 250 different mounts. As said above kev had a cheap new one for sale sometime back

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rod_rod View Post
    May I also suggest doing a bit more research on a better Super Charge?r for your ski maybe RIVA or a similar company makes a more robust Super Charger for your ski? Maybe even an upgrade kit for your SC? I seem to read about a lot of SC failures for you Ultra the 250s and I presume the 260s have the same charger. I believe some guys have adapted the Eaton SC to your ski, so that is another avenue for you to consider. Again it is my understanding that even if you purchase a new replacement SC for your ski you may well find your self in the same situation in the very near future with another blown super charger. Also there is a company in the USA that we have dealt with for SC Bearings etc and very good guys, maybe contact Jon and find out if he can rebuilt your SC and beef it up so that it will not fail again. https://www.jonbondperformance.com/
    Then there is also Anton in Russia who is also on these forums and he makes pulleys and all kinds of things for PWC s and does very nice work and has CAD Machines etc, again maybe he can fabricate a better SC or parts for you. You can PM me for e mails etc.

I just sent the following email to Jon to find out a few things that might be of help to you and other owners of the 250/260s

Hi Jon

Rod here in Thailand, all is well here, hey do you have experience rebuilding (Modifying) the Ogura Super Charger used in the Kawasaki PWC, models 250 and 260 Ultra? I know you supply parts for the 300 ultra Eaton Supercharger, but a LOT of guys snap shafts etc on this Ogura Supercharger used on the Ultra 250 and 260. Can you possibly modify the shafts etc to make them more robust as a lot of guys on our forums have seized and broken Ogura Superchargers, and I would like to send them to you for a solution if possible?
    Rod the ogura sc in its design has been proven not to be successful in a salt environment. The shafts brake due to the lobes fusing together with salt crystal. The only ones that do last are the ones looked after by a very fussy owner. No amount of modification makes them any better. They need to be fogged correctly and kept clean. They cant be fogged the same as a 300 due to there design. They need to be reversed fogged as per kawasaki ktech its in the how to section.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rod_rod View Post

Hi Jon

Rod the ogura sc in its design has been proven not to be successful in a salt environment. The shafts brake due to the lobes fusing together with salt crystal. The only ones that do last are the ones looked after by a very fussy owner. No amount of modification makes them any better. They need to be fogged correctly and kept clean. They cant be fogged the same as a 300 due to there design. They need to be reversed fogged as per kawasaki ktech its in the how to section.

Hi Corey

I agree with what you are saying but I thought that I read somewhere that a few guys had put the Eaton SC in the 250/260 by making some mounting etc modifications? Regarding the problems with the lobes fusing together on the 250/260 SC why not modify the SC accordingly possible drill and put a opening with a open close valve so that a person can fog the SC Correctly and most importantly easily? and or have a special coating put on the lobes to prevent any fusing, what are your thoughts on this, as I personally if I owned a 250/260 I would not accept the design of the SC in its present configuration leading to snapped shafts etc

Hi Everyone here are Jon Bonds exact thoughts on the Ogura Super Charger after I asked if he could modify one to make it stronger;

Rod,

Sorry for the delay. We are receiving many emails each day and cannot keep up.

Ogura units have issues with the shaft rotating inside the rotor. The pin size is too small and the shaft is too narrow to upgrade the pin size. It is a design issue that cannot be corrected without upgrading many parts of the supercharger. This is why we do not fully service them here as we cannot guarantee their function long term.

Sounds like a good candidate to try to fit something else on it if possible.

Jon

Jon Bond Performance1426 E Commercial St
    Algona, IA 50511

Office: 1-515-200-9992

www.jonbondperformance.com

'Like' us on FaceBook! https://www.facebook.com/JonBondPerformance

Hi All I have not given up on trying to find a good solution to these Ogura Superchargers I just sent this to Jon Bond SC Company;

Hi Jon

Just a thought, could you take the Ogura case from all these failed shafts etc and fabricate new internals shafts etc that would stand the test of time in a salt water environment?

Or would the cost to redesign/fabricate a Ogura SC not be worth it due to time and expense both for you and the customer?

I see a real market here for you as guys with these Ogura Super Chargers are always looking for replacements due to failures and most of the Oguras on the Kawasaki Ultra 250/260 s PWC s are failing well under 100hrs. If you could offer this service on these Ogura Super Chargers I think that you would be the only one on the market doing this, then you would be the go-to guy for Kawasaki Ultra 250/260 owners with the Ogura Super Chargers.

Rod

Hi All

This is what Jon Bond Supercharger Company has to say about the Ogura Supercharger;

"There is no way for us to safely and reliably upgrade this supercharger."

Jon

Thread Information