Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Today I worked on the main fuel tank. Since I pulled it out of the hull it made it easy to work on. I removed the fuel pump assembly, removed the stock fuel pressure regulator and installed the RRFPR block off and I also drilled and installed the return line fitting. Then reassembled the fuel pump assembly, reinstalled in tank and reinstalled the tank in the hull with the RRFPR attached and the air filter mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	386200  

+1
    Love the attention to detail and documenting of each step, pretty nifty ideas with the front fuel tank. You didn't opt for an aftermarket fuel pump?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Love the attention to detail and documenting of each step, pretty nifty ideas with the front fuel tank. You didn't opt for an aftermarket fuel pump?

Thanks brother! I do my best to make my stuff best and orderly and I also have a little bit of OCD and I like stuff neat and clean looking. As far as the fuel pump, I was told the stock fuel system was more than adequate for this particular setup. I went back and forth with the idea but Bill told me not to worry about and that he will be programming the ecu to run the stock fuel system so I left it alone.

+1
    Air tubes installed. I kept them to their own side of the ski to keep the front of the fuel tank free and clear for the air filter plus it looks hooky with a bunch of tubes criss crossing and taking up the whole frontal area. Waste of valuable space in my opinion. Plus if and when I need to connect/disconnect my aux fuel tank, I don't have that mess to contend with.

Views:	121 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	386203  

+1
    Since the turbo and intercooler are located on the rear of the ski, I decided to plum the water exits for intercooler, engine and turbo out of the upper deck in the rear. I did this on my last FX and it works great because I can look behind me quick and check to make sure I have good pressure in all areas of the cooling system.

Views:	118 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	386228  

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Looking good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post

Thanks brother! I do my best to make my stuff best and orderly and I also have a little bit of OCD and I like stuff neat and clean looking. As far as the fuel pump, I was told the stock fuel system was more than adequate for this particular setup. I went back and forth with the idea but Bill told me not to worry about and that he will be programming the ecu to run the stock fuel system so I left it alone.
    There have been a few complaints and praises on the stock fuel pump, hit or miss issue according to the posters, (http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244375) Chupo's post #14 may be something to follow up on. It just sucks taking out the fuel pump once everything is installed. I'm just running a 15.5 and am thinking about switching to the Riva pump, only cause because I get occasional hiccuping and 1 second dead spots on WOT pulls, may be the root of my problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post

There have been a few complaints and praises on the stock fuel pump, hit or miss issue according to the posters, (http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244375) Chupo's post #14 may be something to follow up on. It just sucks taking out the fuel pump once everything is installed. I'm just running a 15.5 and am thinking about switching to the Riva pump, only cause because I get occasional hiccuping and 1 second dead spots on WOT pulls, may be the root of my problem.

Thanks for for the heads up. I'm not too worried about it. If it turns out to be a bad pump, I'll change it out. I may or may not do it at this point in the process. If I do elect to do it, now is the time I guess.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Do It right the first time, i am running a walbro 255 on my turbo ski. Over 300 hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    Do It right the first time, i am running a walbro 255 on my turbo ski. Over 300 hours.
    where did you get that pump from and cost? Also, what kind of boost are you running with that pump, injector size etc. I talked to Bill on the phone last night about it and he told me that have had no issues with the stock pumps and he strongly feels it's more than enough for this kit. He said they've had more issues with aftermarket pumps due to cheaper manufacturing processes. So I'm torn as to what I want to do.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information