Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Thanks, wanted to see how the inner ss tube, inside the fiberglass jacketed ends up at the exhaust exit. Curious if the ss inner tube has the 90 u cut on that end, and is it longer than the jacketed fiberglass outside. Still no water intrusion? We ride pretty hard in the surf down here....

+1
    I know this is a really old thread but, I tried the H2o intake kit. It was missing parts first off.
    Installed it and actually had worse numbers. Highly disappointed, to say the least, but you learn
    Cut the factory stacks down, ( thanks JR for the heads up), and just kept in place the air box spacer.
    seemed to help a bit, but not worthy of the expense. Just my two cents worth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by schredder View Post
    Thanks, wanted to see how the inner ss tube, inside the fiberglass jacketed ends up at the exhaust exit. Curious if the ss inner tube has the 90 u cut on that end, and is it longer than the jacketed fiberglass outside. Still no water intrusion? We ride pretty hard in the surf down here....
    We used a 90 degree rubber elbow hose and cut it a few times to create a custom part that bends perfect to the 45-55 degrees . No water issues so far and 2 offshore won in first place.

Love the intercooler! quick question: did you notice power gain after you aftermarket intercooler? is it worth it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by juice29541 View Post
    Love the intercooler! quick question: did you notice power gain after you aftermarket intercooler? is it worth it?
    Any time you can maintain a cooler airflow you will gain rpm , remember heat reduces engine power the colder the air the better rpm benefits .

Thumbs up The Honda R12X comes with stock intercooler, do you think Universal Liquid Water to A

Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Any time you can maintain a cooler airflow you will gain rpm , remember heat reduces engine power the colder the air the better rpm benefits .

True!

I am planning on doing the same customer home made custom conversion soon. The Honda R12X comes with stock intercooler, do you think Universal Liquid Water to Air Intercooler 5" x 5" x 15" is better than stock as far as cooling the air?

Thank you for the reply and in advance

Quote Originally Posted by juice29541 View Post
    True!

I am planning on doing the same customer home made custom conversion soon. The Honda R12X comes with stock intercooler, do you think Universal Liquid Water to Air Intercooler 5" x 5" x 15" is better than stock as far as cooling the air?

Thank you for the reply and in advance

You can use a universal water to air intercooler. However, if you are running a stock exhaust it will be too long and run into the water lock portion of your exhaust. I have fabricated a kit for the 12X ski's that is compatible with the factory exhaust if your interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information