+1

PWC tender, raft, inflatable, party platform

So what do you do when you get there? For us lake riders you can only cruise for so long. Eventually you need a place to stop, chill and have some snacks.

On on my lake there is a section where boats tend to congregate, anchor and hang out. So I would like to do that to. (Don't say, "then buy a boat") I see many options for large inflatable rafts, some costing several hundred dollars and equipped with wireless stereo systems.

Before I spend that kind of money without seeing something in person to evaluate quality I would seek the forums advice and experiences.

Any recomendations or or what to look for? Is it safe to tow behind a PWC to the desired location at low speed? Anything else I should consider?

+1
    A Shuttlecraft is the king of this domain...

... but they quit making them and they were wildly overpriced. Neat thing about these is they have lights and you can come back after dark "legally".

Something designed to be towed is critical, i have seen people use walmart inflatable boats, but they always come apart while being dragged out to the sand bar. Bad idea because your gear goes all over the place when they fail... I've seen this first hand...

I really wanted to make something neat out of an old ski at one point, like a water trailer, but now i am looking at cooler racks for the back of my ski. An anchor, a cooler, a couple of pool noodles and maybe an inflatable lounger is typically all we need out there anyway... a towable that could handle a grill and 2 coolers and maybe a couple chairs would be king... but i don't know of a good solution at this point. Towing with a ski is no problem, no worries there. I have dragged everything from skiers to houseboats with mine with no issues.

Honestly... I would like to have a small RIB or dingy like a zodiak with lights and a small outboard on it with all my gear to tow out, anchor it up, ride, chill, and when i am ready to leave after dark hook my ski behind it, turn on the lights and slow cruise back to the dock... but it would have to be small enough to go on my double trailer with a ski...

+1
    Sealver make PWC docking boat hulls

http://sealver.com/phone/index.html
    Last edited by HDAV; 04-07-2016 at 01:47 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    http://www.sealver.com/index.html looks neat... but i can't imagine the cost, even IF there were North American dealers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    I've seen the Sealver. It's French company I believe and there only office is on the west coast. No local dealerships, no prices online. They will send you a quote if requested. They literally ship it to you on a new custom trailer if you make an order. I'm sure they are several thousand dollars to start.

I was thinking of something like

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WM-Plus-Watermat-Plus-1.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	384638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_1.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	384639  

+1
    I have an inflatable "island" like the image on the right that I occasionally take to the lake when multiple friends come out. I have tried towing it once but without a dedicated tow point, it put a lot of stress on the handlebar that I attached the rope to and the "island" continuously tried to fold and get pulled under water. I have this one: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/281289...-1/s-l1000.jpg.

That isnt to say they will all pose that problem, especially if you can plan a decent tow point so that it pulls straight and it would probably help if the front end could be angled up so that it didnt catch water and get pulled under. Our only solution is to inflate on land and just swim it out somewhere off shore.

+1
    Also remember, you can only have 3 total on your ski. Driver, spotter and one on the tow.

So if you did find a island sort of inflatable that towed well... It's just the three of you hanging out on it, unless you meet others there or ferry people back and forth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lkal32 View Post
    I have an inflatable "island" like the image on the right that I occasionally take to the lake when multiple friends come out. I have tried towing it once but without a dedicated tow point, it put a lot of stress on the handlebar that I attached the rope to and the "island" continuously tried to fold and get pulled under water. I have this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by lkal32 View Post
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/281289...-1/s-l1000.jpg.

That isnt to say they will all pose that problem, especially if you can plan a decent tow point so that it pulls straight and it would probably help if the front end could be angled up so that it didnt catch water and get pulled under. Our only solution is to inflate on land and just swim it out somewhere off shore.

Can you just haul it out there and then blow it up? If its too big to fit on the back of your ski rolled up then get a small inflatable like an intex seahawk to put the rolled up island in and then blow it up when you get there. The seahawk is pretty easy to tow

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyallen View Post
    Can you just haul it out there and then blow it up? If its too big to fit on the back of your ski rolled up then get a small inflatable like an intex seahawk to put the rolled up island in and then blow it up when you get there. The seahawk is pretty easy to tow
    Tried that once, wont ever do it again. The thing is so large that it takes forever on a single pump, plus you almost have to carry an extra battery just for it.

+1
    Costco has a nice setup for less than $200.

Thread Information