Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    +1

This is why every single supercharged ski needs a catch can! 300 guys have a look!

An international customer of mine just sent me this video of his brand new 300 HP ski.
    All that oily mess is coming from the intercooler. This is just normal amounts of oil and condensation that enter the air intake, supercharger and intercooler from the engines crankcase ventilation system.

While this system is great for emissions, it's terrible for performance. Engines re burning crankcase fumes lowers knock rating of your fuel, not to mention the oil coats the intercooler making it less efficient.

Catch cans guys! They are VERY important to have on your supercharged skis!!!

RIVA Sea-Doo 4-TEC Catch Can/Engine Breather Kit

Easy to install catch can/oil breather eliminates power-robbing crankcase fumes and oil vapor from your engine's air intake. Increases horsepower by...
    RS19050-BCC-2 $149.95

+1
    Ugly!

+1
    Valve lube, no need to fog seadoos..... yuck

+1
    Glad i bought one..

How often do you guys empty your catch can?

+1
    Sold!

+1
    I have never had to empty my catch can as I only get the smallest amount of blow by

Quote Originally Posted by quiddo15 View Post
    I have never had to empty my catch can as I only get the smallest amount of blow by
    OK just checking. I've had mine for about 15 hrs now and barely see any in there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gti 130 wow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    An international customer of mine just sent me this video of his brand new 300 HP ski.
    All that oily mess is coming from the intercooler. This is just normal amounts of oil and condensation that enter the air intake, supercharger and intercooler from the engines crankcase ventilation system.

While this system is great for emissions, it's terrible for performance. Engines re burning crankcase fumes lowers knock rating of your fuel, not to mention the oil coats the intercooler making it less efficient.

Catch cans guys! They are VERY important to have on your supercharged skis!!!

RIVA Catch Can Kit for All 4-Tec Engines

Easy to install catch can/oil breather eliminates power-robbing crankcase fumes and oil vapor from your engine's air intake. Increases horsepower by...
    RS19050-BCC-1 $139.95

The main purpose of crankcase ventilation is not pollution control , but to keep combustion by products that include water from mucking up your oil.
    The more blow buy you have , the more important this system to the longevity of your engine .Also at very low rpms, the blow by % is significant which is why cars have pcv valves.At planning speeds the % drops to close to zero so effect on HP is nil. So if you get one , you should monitor it's condition and make sure it does not impare the operation of your crank case ventilation system.

Was there anything true about that statement? Because if there was It must be blending in well with all the BS

10. +1 by:

+1
    GGG, I think most was just leaving it alone? my thoughts would be more cylinder pressure more blow by, but who knows the extraporlator may come into effect somewhere along the line.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information