Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    pro10is - you put in 60 hours - did you go into a dealer for the recommended 50 hour servicing so it would be permanently logged into the BRP system? If you did do the 50 hour, did your dealer tech mention the Catch Can to you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinSoCal View Post
    I am still conflicted. About half of the people I correspond with say "Do it," half say "not needed." Some "in the weeds" thoughts here -
    some say a drawback to putting one on prevents the throttle-body from being lubricated and can lead to an expensive repair. A very few have picked up on the sub-marketing point that having a breather with the unit means that the engine is not burning re-circulated hot, contaminated fumes. Some even claim this leads to more horsepower - to me, that sounds like something a Marketing Dept. would exaggerate to sell more units.
    I will say this - the thought that I might be contaminating my intercooler over time and would have to pull it out to clean it (terribly difficult to get to and remove on a 2018RXPX300) is almost enough to make me do an install . SO - WHAT SAY YOU ALL ABOUT the fume recirculation claim and the inter-cooler clogging?
    are the throttle bodies on your cars "lubricated" during use?

the only benefit i can see in stock form is emissions and to pull vacuum on the crank case.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Am I missing something... either keeping things stock, or installing a catch can, the blow-by emissions (not oil) will still find it's way to the intake.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Am I missing something... either keeping things stock, or installing a catch can, the blow-by emissions (not oil) will still find it's way to the intake.
    With a catch can in place, the crankcase vapors are vented to atmosphere, not rebreathed by the engine into the intake.

canadian iceman
    +1
    Amen to that Jerry been saying this a long time nobody wants to get it

7. +1 by:

+1
    Unless you vent the catch can outside of the hull everything that comes out of the catch can filter will get sucked back into the motor. The benefit is a catch can removes the oil from the fumes.

+1
    put a cheap breather on it and if you get oil from the bottom of the breather after a few rides put in a catch can. I ran my 05 for years with a breather and no oil. My buddy ran his and day one had oil issues so he had to put in the can. Or you can let it go in the bilge and get a oil eater and deal with that crap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    put a cheap breather on it and if you get oil from the bottom of the breather after a few rides put in a catch can. I ran my 05 for years with a breather and no oil. My buddy ran his and day one had oil issues so he had to put in the can. Or you can let it go in the bilge and get a oil eater and deal with that crap.
    I had a catch can on my TX from day one and I was shocked that I got probably 1/2 of inch of oily gas in a water bottle, but at 10 hours I changed the oil and so far the catch can has had very little in it. Either way I'd run one from day one...no sense putting the crap in the IC. I may have a used GFR catch can if your interested ping me and I'll search for it.

Should I put it on my 2019 RXP-P

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2019 RXP P View Post
    Should I put it on my 2019 RXP-P
    Absolutely! It will help keep your intercooler clean.

13. +1 by:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information