Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here is what the belt Tensioner Pivot Bearing looks like

Here is a Thread on the Belt Tensioner Pivot Bearing with How To Videos

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242999

Here is another Part/Valve that effected a ski s top speed here in Thailand (Johns 193hr 300x Disaster) we had to replace it and top speed and full power came back.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11170.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	382683  

Quote Originally Posted by ncambon View Post
    Hi guys,

My father has a 2012 kawasaki Ultra 300, it has 250 hs now, mostly used in non salty water, family use, and most of the time in SLO towing skiers. It has been utterly reliable (despite the dealer warnings about its engine dying at 100hr).

My father treats the jet ski as a fourth child, and he is as responible with the maintenance as a person with no mechanical knowledge can be (rinse and foggin after every use, service at dealership every 10 hrs, warms up for 5 minutes prior to every use, etc).

The thing is that since almost 70 hrs ago a problem has appeared, rarely happened at first, but now it became very often.
    The simptoms are that when you start from standing and go full throttle,it moves a little and it seems as if it chokes, you see the pressure drop, and after a few seconds it responds. If you push the throttle going over 50km/h no failure presents.

I made a video where you can see it fail:

I've read in several posts that this model has a known issue with the exhaust filter, idk if these simptoms are related to that. The dealer has been failing in trying to repair it (but thats really no reference at all, since the level of the technical service here is really low)

Any ideas?

If you need more info please let me know.
    Best regards.
    Here is the complete thread for Johns 193 hr
    300x here in Thailand that had no service if you read through the thread there will be lots for you to learn about your 300x, as most of the guys here contributed to the rebuilt through the forum here of Johns rebuilt very informative stuff take an hour to read this thread lots of photos videos and great input from the knowledgeable guys here.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238762

Hi again guys,

I've written a response yesterday but it was marked for modding and disappeared, here it goes again:

First of all, re checking the video I realize that it's hard to know what's going on without any explanation whatsoever. What I want you to look at in the video is what happens at second 4, I pushed the throttle to the bottom, the ski moves a little but then pressure drops below 5 psi and the RPM fall too, after a couple of seconds it recovers automatically from the failure and starts accelerating, the throttle at the bottom all the time.

Here are some other facts that maybe important:

The failure is only present working in FPO and starting from idle RPMS, if you use it in SLO, no matter how hard you push it, it never fails. Also, if you push the throttle in a rolling start, going over 3k~4k, it accelerates without any issue (I believe the failure appears under heavy load).

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post
    The throttle sensor is probably bad, could also be a bad connection in the wiring somewhere.
    Hi Joe,

I don't think this is the case, i believe if it was, the problem should appear no matter the RPMs you're going or usage mode, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    How much water is in your hull? And has the supercharger belt tensioner been disassembled and greased to ensure it's free to move?
    Hi GZA,

The belt and the tensioner has been replaced once, and supposedly checked in every service. I didn't checked the water in the hull at the moment of the failure. What am I supposed to be looking for? Damaged cooling hoses? If I remove the seats, will i see the leaking?

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Not sure what we are meant to be watching in the vid? Your description of a fault is either cavitation from a worn prop or sc idler tensioner both explained in detail on the site how to rectify.
    Hi nickjak,

Yeah, I'm sorry. Hope you get what i meant now.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Sounds like Cavitation like mr Nj said,your spinning air not water as the pump is not staying loaded up from a standstill..

With that many hrs wouldn't be a big surprise if either prop clearance to liner is worn or damage to prop with dings,It's save to assume the ski is basically stock with no engine mods (re flash) or prop changes. ... Take a few prop to liner photos and post it up..
    Hi jetdave,

If this was the case, shouldn't the RPMs be at the top no matter the cavitation? I believe if cavitation was the problem i would see the engine running at its max speed but I would stay in the same spot, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Hmmm yeah but look at his boost gauge and the RPM guage but not the digital as he has it on clock or trip/hr on a few of his take offs,he's hitting quickly 15-16 boost and RPMs 7K + RPMs real quick .. Seems like he has full power but hard to tell with out riding it..
    The ski is completely stock, no modifications have been made. About he power, I can say that maybe is a little down, when it was brand new top speed was around 108Km/h, now is more like 101Km/h in a good day. Also, when the failure doesn't show, the acceleration is good, no noticeable change since new (at least from my point of view).

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rod View Post

Here is the complete thread for Johns 193 hr
    300x here in Thailand that had no service if you read through the thread there will be lots for you to learn about your 300x, as most of the guys here contributed to the rebuilt through the forum here of Johns rebuilt very informative stuff take an hour to read this thread lots of photos videos and great input from the knowledgeable guys here.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238762
    Hi rod,

I'll check that post, it sounds really interesting.

Thanks for all your responses.

Looks like all the posts were authorized at the same time.

Ignore this one (I couldn't figure out how to delete it)
    Last edited by ncambon; 03-15-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Repost

Same as the last one.
    Last edited by ncambon; 03-15-2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Repost

+1
    sounds like belt slip to me, pretty easy to check the tensioner, put a 19mm socket and lever on the dummy nut and lever the tensioner up if it sticks its seized if it drops instantly its correct. how about a photo of the engine bay tensioner area? this may tell us by how clean/corroded it is.

Hi Yes I agree some pictures of the engine bay would be somewhat telling as to the general condition/corrosion of the area

+1
    And don't forget photos of the pump to check all the prop blade conditions and blade clearances...

I suspect Cavitation especially when mentioned " no problem @3-4K RPMs and above acceleration is no issue"
    Cavitation will happen mostly on take off as a damage blade or too much prop to liner clearance will lower pump pressure letting air in creating bubbles as you spin up,you can have full boost and high RPMs but your skis still gonna stutter and over spin on take off ,once your on plane and hooked to water the pump will stay loaded and have high pressure no matter what....

well take both photos of engine bay and pump and check the belt tensioner as recommended by others..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information