Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

USPS jacks rates 10% and removes their online discount

I ship a lot of small, inexpensive stuff to people on this forum and it looks like I won't be able to do it at the cheap prices anymore. They also removed all shipping services that were cheap online and only offer priority and priority express. This comes after all their job cuts

Greed knows no end and this will hurt everyone.

Keep this in mind when setting your selling fees

+1
    They also sell 2 day express but don't tell you it's the same as priority. It just cost more. Found this out the hard way and when the lady behind the counter told me. I still prefer usps over ups and fedex though. I can send the same package for $10 with usps instead of $22.50 through ups.

The sad part is the usps will probably still not make any money this year and end in the red.

3. +1 by:

+1
    And the USPS wonders why they dont make any money. When they are half the price of UPS or fedex. Hey if you hope that the package witlll get there eventually use USPS if you really need it there and want to track it then UPS or FEDEX work. By the way Hill and Imposter I can get you much closer rates to USPS.

JOhn

5. +1 by:

Am I the only one on this forum that knows that USPS is revenue-neutral? They aren't allowed to make profit. Not that I am defending them. But unlike the DMV at least you have competitors to go to.

+1
    I think most folks realize that they are not supposed to make a profit. They dont even come close to breaking even. Very poorly managed.

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    I think most folks realize that they are not supposed to make a profit. They dont even come close to breaking even. Very poorly managed.
    They have to break even or otherwise the rates go up next year. Which is what's happening here.

+1
    So they have no incentive to work smarter. They loose money and raise rates and then loose more money and more rates.

10. +1 by:

+1
    The reason they aren't making money is because congress passed a law which says that USPS has to fund it's retirement fund 75 years into the future. In other words, they need to set money aside for postal workers that aren't even born yet!

No other company in the world has to do that.

It comes down to if you want to get mediocre service by supporting lazy government employees, or if you want to fatten corporate profits by paying twice as much for better service.

13. +1 by:

+1
    I just shipped something via fedex today that was 32lbs from NJ to me in TN.

It was $23 at FedEx for 2 day service. USPS wanted over $50 to ship it the cheapest way, 2-3 day priority mail.

I'll let the post office handle my letters and flat rate heavy boxes, but the rest will go FedEx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information