Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jetworks is finally in, I removed the siphon bilge line and am relying solely on the 500gph factory electric bilge pump to do the job. I also installed a purolator rebuildable inline fuel filter so it can filter out the possibility of dirt and/or debris getting to the valve. I will have to get in the habit of checking the filter each day to see that it is clean, luckily it is clear and is in a good spot to check it easily.

Are any of you guys using duckbills?

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post
    Are any of you guys using duckbills?
    Nope, I use chicken beaks!

Ok, I'm an idiot! Anyway, I dont use duckbills but I'm definitely interested on seeing them work. I've heard they're great.

Ok. I'm about to try this mod, I just need to understand this a little better. I want to make sure I connect these correctly.

1. So we are removing the stock bilge hose in the rear. Does that mean we wont have a bilge anymore?

2. Where does the top hose go to? the one thats connected to the valve. Does it go to where the bilge used to connect to?

3. Where does the bottom hose go to? Is that one teed off with the top of the original stinger one? if so what is the point of it? wont it just circulate around itself.

I see the point in dumping the water out of the top hose, the one with the valve on it, but whats the purpose of that second bottom hose?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lg8215 View Post
    Ok. I'm about to try this mod, I just need to understand this a little better. I want to make sure I connect these correctly.

1. So we are removing the stock bilge hose in the rear. Does that mean we wont have a bilge anymore? Yes - an electric one is better other alternative is the duckbills

2. Where does the top hose go to? the one thats connected to the valve. Does it go to where the bilge used to connect to? Yes where the bilge was you will need a reducer to get to the 3/8 water line. The top hose is spraying the water into the waterbox you are getting this new water from the pump.

3. Where does the bottom hose go to? Is that one teed off with the top of the original stinger one? if so what is the point of it? wont it just circulate around itself. Thats the water you are stopping from going into the waterbox you are now sending it either through a pisser or the stock water outlet (Island Stealth mod)

I see the point in dumping the water out of the top hose, the one with the valve on it, but whats the purpose of that second bottom hose?
    Thats the whole reason for doing the mod that water is what is being expelled from the waterbox when you accelerate - you will accelerate better because you dont have to get the water out of the waterbox.

Dont forget if you arent comfortable with tapping the pipe a machine shop will do it very cheap. I paid around $15 at my Napa.

You can drill a simple hole in the hull and run your water to the pipe. This is much easier than do the reducer etc.. and you keep your bilge for now. I know it is scary drilling a hole but its really no big deal. Do the electric bilge in the off season
    Last edited by mrbtd; 08-14-2007 at 06:17 PM.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Thats the whole reason for doing the mod that water is what is being expelled from the waterbox when you accelerate - you will accelerate better because you dont have to get the water out of the waterbox.

Dont forget if you arent comfortable with tapping the pipe a machine shop will do it very cheap. I paid around $15 at my Napa.

You can drill a simple hole in the hull and run your water to the pipe. This is much easier than do the reducer etc.. and you keep your bilge for now. I know it is scary drilling a hole but its really no big deal. Do the electric bilge in the off season
    I am totally comfortable with drilling holes and doing taps. I just needed to know where the plumming was going to. I like the idea of keeping my bilge. there is no off season for me I am in Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    thanks dude, that is exactly what I was looking for! i get it now! awesome "how to" guide.

+1
    My pleasure any other questions just shoot me note

+1
    I found another picture I had been looking for also helpful. I edited part out it needs to show an M10 tap for the Water sensor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferchojetworks_updt.JPG 
Views:	1816 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	35145  
    Last edited by OsideBill; 01-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.

11. +1 by:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information