Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Bits for my FX barge

Gentleman..

Putting together a list of parts for my 2014 FX SHO, goals are holeshot and reliability with good cruising range..top speed not important.

Parts list so far:
    Cruiser Seats
    R&D grate + PPK
    Can Doo GPS
    TTO tach
    Riva 4" intake
    Ribbon delete
    TJ Exhaust
    L13 Cone
    Skat 13/21

Some bits to arrive, hopefully get a baseline rpm this weekend and next week when stuff arrives I can go to town on it.

My question is, will the Skat 13/21 be too much with the L13 cone with no spacers? I will find out one way or another but if someone has first hand experience with this combo and I need to depitch I would rather do it before putting the prop in..
    Bear in mind it's a newer FX with the larger nozzle.
    I had my heart set on a Vtech flash but I am starting to worry about the clutch so that's on hold for now.

Also, I had a ride plate mod lined up that fell through so I am chasing a Jims plate or at least if someone in Aus can perform similar mods I would be interested...what do we know?

+1
    Good lists of parts! That 13/21 may be a bit too steep. A 13/18 will be just right.

Keep us posted!

+1
    Boogtonic.
    For the flash have a chat to WORX racing down on the GC. They might also have some parts for you to help.
    Would be good to get some of the Brisbane Greenhulk guys together for a run somewhere.

+1
    Thanks Jerry, I'll se if someone local can pitch it for me before it goes in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_SHO View Post
    Boogtonic.
    For the flash have a chat to WORX racing down on the GC. They might also have some parts for you to help.
    Would be good to get some of the Brisbane Greenhulk guys together for a run somewhere.
    Cheers Curtis, I've already been in touch with Gary. Just haven't decided on a flash yet..would like to see the new Vtech stuff mature and go from there.

I would be down for a GH Brisbane event! Sandstone Pt up the Passage to Caloundra is always a good run. Reckon we should start a thread for the Brisbane locals.
    Last edited by boogtonic; 02-22-2016 at 07:52 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boogtonic View Post
    I would be down for a GH Brisbane event! Sandstone Pt up the Passage to Caloundra is always a good run. Reckon we should start a thread for the Brisbane locals.
    My next run when I am back in Bris (work away) will most likely be from Sandstone Pt up towards Caloundra. Haven't done the run before. GH Bris event would be great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_SHO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boogtonic View Post
    My next run when I am back in Bris (work away) will most likely be from Sandstone Pt up towards Caloundra. Haven't done the run before. GH Bris event would be great.
    Its a good one, just have to pick the tides as there are a few shoals that run nearly dry at low tide in the narrows and some hard to see banks in the middle down near bongaree, the channel markers also change direction half way up so that is something to watch out for too. I've probably done that run 20 times now though and only run aground on one occasion but I was following someone that day.. Flick me a PM when you're in town if you're keen to do it on a weekend. If there is an off shore blowing the run up the outside and in through Caloundra bar and back down is good too!

+1
    i'd be keen for a bris ride

when the ski is built lol

basically the next step would be a B1 wheel and intercooler with extra water lines.

i just put a type 13 on my other 09 fx sho (stock wheel, riva air intake & ribbon delete) and had a pretty good gain in acceleration but havent been able to test top speed gain yet. i have a jims plate on my build ski so yet to use it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big929 View Post
    i'd be keen for a bris ride

when the ski is built lol

basically the next step would be a B1 wheel and intercooler with extra water lines.

i just put a type 13 on my other 09 fx sho (stock wheel, riva air intake & ribbon delete) and had a pretty good gain in acceleration but havent been able to test top speed gain yet. i have a jims plate on my build ski so yet to use it.
    Nice build by the way, how fast were you going when the tunnel cracked if you don't mind me asking?

+1
    Well the best we ever got was 74mph and was WOT then came to a stop and water rushed over the back and ski was pretty much half sunk by then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information