Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericruiz911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post

WOW man all the tinkering and going back and forth. I don't think you will save money from buying a new one. How much do you have into the trailer now?

Good post though with a lot of info.
    I'm in slightly over $300 mainly because I opted for 316 stainless steel over 304. The bolts alone ran me over $100 for quality SS. I found out that the winch for this style winch mount is made by Shelby. For now, I'm going to drill out my winch bracket as it is still in ok shape but I needed a new winch for my beach cart anyways so when I have another beach race, I'll purchase the new winch. I got to tow with the trailer this weekend and it rides like a dream. Can't even tell it's back there.

The rims are not a waste of money i have a set and a spare rim on my trailer and it looks awesome. The tires are radials and drive amazing. Of course i have a dual torsion axle trailer.... I bought mined used and ended up spending a lot of money to rebuild it. This time i opted for a new single one with torsion axle ready to go from Triton.

Good project though....

+1

The rims are not a waste of money i have a set and a spare rim on my trailer and it looks awesome. The tires are radials and drive amazing. Of course i have a dual torsion axle trailer.... I bought mined used and ended up spending a lot of money to rebuild it. This time i opted for a new single one with torsion axle ready to go from Triton.

Good project though....
    I meant they are not a necessity for me at the moment. There has been a ton of thefts on a daily basis here, even at the Marinas with no boat/ski on the trailers so the less attention I call, the better. I purchased new wheels and tires a little over a year ago and they only have about 6k miles on them. Once they get a little further down the road, I will upgrade to the radials and aluminum wheel. When I get a second ski, I will be purchasing a new double trailer and just taking care of it. For the price I got this single though, it was a nice project that kept me busy for little bit.

Appreciate it Tundra!

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericruiz911 View Post

Good project though....
    I meant they are not a necessity for me at the moment. There has been a ton of thefts on a daily basis here, even at the Marinas with no boat/ski on the trailers so the less attention I call, the better. I purchased new wheels and tires a little over a year ago and they only have about 6k miles on them. Once they get a little further down the road, I will upgrade to the radials and aluminum wheel. When I get a second ski, I will be purchasing a new double trailer and just taking care of it. For the price I got this single though, it was a nice project that kept me busy for little bit.

Appreciate it Tundra!
    Sent you a pm....

+1
    hell of a write up ! im doing this now !@

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information