Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

+1
    Is everything finalized for this trip yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cince623 View Post
    Is everything finalized for this trip yet?
    Cince623, depends on what you mean by finalized. I have a group of friends and family members local heading that way May with our condos & boat slip booked already for us. In the process of booking rooms in area near the launch for the day before we head out. Like some of the early post stated anyone is welcome, and I believe some others are looking to go. But they would have to make there reservations for a place to stay in Bimini. We are staying at the Bimini Sands Resort while in Bimini.
    Last edited by 4-keeps; 01-28-2016 at 10:47 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Hacks MG View Post
    You should contact JAX PWC Riders for all the do's and don't do's. They know this trip well. Most first timers get rudely awakened to things that they did not think of. The last trip, a buddy of mine lost a ski due to a PWC rack repeatedly pressing so much on the rear deck during the chop that it busted though the deck and sunk the ski.
    Yes. These are the things we need to know. Thankfully, there's somebody who recently posted about putting some pads under the feet of the rack.

2 X 2 X 7/8 Rubber/Cork Anti-Vibration Pad for $0.29

oh man I like that! I think I will order some of that for my boat. Thanks for posting this up!

Jerry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Hacks MG View Post
    You should contact JAX PWC Riders for all the do's and don't do's. They know this trip well. Most first timers get rudely awakened to things that they did not think of. The last trip, a buddy of mine lost a ski due to a PWC rack repeatedly pressing so much on the rear deck during the chop that it busted though the deck and sunk the ski.
    Yes. These are the things we need to know. Thankfully, there's somebody who recently posted about putting some pads under the feet of the rack.

2 X 2 X 7/8 Rubber/Cork Anti-Vibration Pad for $0.29

oh man I like that! I think I will order some of that for my boat. Thanks for posting this up!

Jerry
    Where you at Big Timer?? You will need quite a few of those pads my brother to put under that wallet while on the boat!! Lol Now that I have your attention you and the family should join us on the Bimini trip!! Bring the Yacht. Hope all is well, tell the family hello for me and G.

+1
    Alas, Billy, I already PMed him about going. He politely declined. But he did send me a link to a nifty device: DeLorme inReach which is a device that
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorme
    The DeLorme inReach has been praised as a staple to backcountry communication and safety. It has helped adventurers around the world communicate far beyond the reaches of cellular networks, from the peaks of the Himalayan Mountains to the middle of the South Pacific Ocean. Average weekend adventurers, however, aren't making first ascents or circumnavigating the globe (although most of us wish we could!). They are hiking in state parks, camping a few hours from home, and skiing the local mountains. They are moms and dads, they have kids, jobs, and other hobbies, and they are always concerned about safety. So while inReach gives you the ability to tweet from Everest, or summon a rescue in the Arctic Ocean, it can also give your spouse peace of mind as you take your daughter on her first overnight camping trip. We realize not everyone may be familiar with these practical uses, so we've compiled a list of a few ways inReach can help inspire your family to get outdoors and explore!

1. Communicate Back Home with Two-Way Texting
    There is no greater feeling than knowing your loved ones are safe and sound. However, the majority of National and State Parks do not have consistent or reliable cellular coverage, if any at all. With inReach, you get 100% global coverage through the Iridium satellite network, making it possible to stay in contact with anyone in the world from anywhere in the world.

Pre-program text messages and send them to a custom list of recipients, or type out custom 160-character messages and send them to any phone number or email address. And, unlike other satellite communication devices out there, inReach has two-way communication meaning your loved ones can also send you messages directly to your inReach.

2. Location Tracking and MapShare
    Track your trip with adjustable tracking intervals and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course, elevation and speed, with those back in civilization. All you have to do is share a URL to your own personal MapShare page, and you are never truly alone!

By giving parents the ability to track their children's location online, they are able to rest assured that everything is going as planned. And if something doesn't look right, you are able to send them a message from your computer or cellphone. Or, for example, if you are away from home on an adventure of your own, your children can follow along and see where you are - and even send you messages!

3. 100% Global Coverage
    With inReach you get 100% global coverage. The DeLorme inReach is powered by Iridium, which commands the world's farthest-reaching commercial satellite constellation. It's like navigating by the stars, except the stars are awesomely powerful robots that float in space and enable two-way communication with anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Needless to say, when you need to send or receive an urgent message, you don't want to take a chance on on-way networks, delays, or coverage gaps.

Iridium is the only network that spans the entire globe, offering 100% coverage anywhere on earth. Offering unmatched communications, performance and reliability advantages, Iridium's 66 low-earth orbiting (LEO) cross-linked satellites the world's largest commercial constellation operate as a fully meshed network that is supported by multiple in-orbit spares.

4. Create Multiple User Profiles and Share Among Family Members
    There is no doubt that inReach gives you peace of mind when taking children into the backcountry, the open ocean, or up into the skies. What you may not know, however, is that one device can give an entire family peace of mind no matter what adventures you go on.

If another member of your family has a more important use for it, just create another user account and let someone borrow it. Active inReach customers can set up multiple user profiles in the Explore portal, making it possible to lend it out to someone with all of their personal contact information all it takes is a sync to change users, and another sync to switch back.

Giving it to a child to take on a trip without you? You can pre-load the inReach with messages, contacts and medical information that pertain to each individual user.

5. Emergency Response
    Behind every inReach is GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center. Send an SOS message through inReach, and it goes directly to GEOS. More specifically, it goes to a secure underground bunker located north of Houston. It has redundant electrical grids, generators, and a potable water supply from an underground well.

The team at GEOS is staffed and ready 24/7, 365 days per year, with SAR Mission Coordinators and Duty Officers. As soon as they receive your message, they'll track your device and notify emergency contacts and responders in the area - they'll also stay connected to provide updates on your location or to communicate with you. As soon as you activate your inReach, you have full, free access to SOS monitoring and emergency dispatch. How's that for comforting?

Looks like it does everything that a SPOT does. And everything that a PLB does. And everything a GPS does.

http://www.amazon.com/Delorme-AG-009...lorme+inreach]DeLorme AG-008727-201 InReach Explorer Two Way Satellite Communicator with Built in Navigation $370.94 on Amazon

Looks like I'm having problems using code tonight. Oh, well. Hopefully everybody will get the gist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81zOK1qqHgL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	380102  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman26 View Post
    My fill nozzle is close to the water especially when filling with me leaning over and to that side. I was thinking of using a long nozzle but still won't stop water from getting into tank from wave splashes. Another idea was to tap into fill line with two hoses. One used to fill from spare cans and the other to vent while filling. OR am I just over thinking this?
    Would this work better if the fuel was poured by someone else on a separate PWC? One person pours while the other keeps the the PWCs together and level?

+1
    We haven't been chatting it up in here lately! So I just wanted to bump this up.

+1
    We haven't been chatting it up in here lately! So I just wanted to bump this up.
    What up Ziggy!!! I'm just getting back in town from Flowood MS, racing some off-road R/C cars. And staying busy chasing that money I spoke to Stephen I know he is getting excited and has been looking into items needed for the trip as well as Kenny.

+1
    How you been ziggy? I have been doing a lot of research on what we need to bring and how to bring it. Looking at different racks and how to best use the storage we have available on the skis. I found this, thinking it would make fueling at sea (if needed) easy.
    http://www.amazon.com/TERAPUMP-Gener.../dp/B00M1WBRKM

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    What up Ziggy!!! I'm just getting back in town from Flowood MS, racing some off-road R/C cars. And staying busy chasing that money I spoke to Stephen I know he is getting excited and has been looking into items needed for the trip as well as Kenny.
    Don't lie Billy. If you were in Flowood Ms., Ben Herman was working some magic on your ski !!! What gives - 19 lb. wheel or a Turbo maybe ???

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information