Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    So it obviously has the same valve setup as the 260 then allowing it to drain
    Attachment 379400

This is the "valve" setup on a 250/60. Its not really a valve so much as an open fitting that, yes, did allow for water to drain. The 310 version of this is a 90* one way check valve fitting only allowing water in and no drain back when the ski is off or flushed. So no, it did/does not allow for water to drain from the cylinder as this would be the lowest point for any water flow in any direction on a "normal" routed 310. Am i missing something?

The new setup that Al posted installs a 90* fitting with no check ball in it so yes, once you do the update, if your ski requires it, you will have a spot that drains water completely from the cylinder
    Mike, the 90degree fitting stops the flow into the head during pressure from the pump, thus forcing all the flow through the supercharger. When stopped, it allows water to drain back out of it

2. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Hahaha you guys are going to make me insane..... not even sure why i care at this point but heres a picture of the actual stock configuration of the 310 water flow and actual 90*Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1452991962252.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	379413

Banned User
    +1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1452992129135.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	379416 difference is no water in from charger. All water come in the cylinder head front and back. Some water goes out the exhaust some drains out the new dump valve. Before this all water had to sit in the cylinder and only came out the exhaust which makes a lot of heat. Im assuming even when they put water IN the side of the cylinder from the "T" in the charger it water line it still wasnt enough flow around the cylinders and too hot, thus they dump all water from the cylinder out the side of the ski and makes a LOT less heat. My ski in a race with this setup average water temp is only around 120, actually almost too cold IMO

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Attachment 379400

This is the "valve" setup on a 250/60. Its not really a valve so much as an open fitting that, yes, did allow for water to drain. The 310 version of this is a 90* one way check valve fitting only allowing water in and no drain back when the ski is off or flushed. So no, it did/does not allow for water to drain from the cylinder as this would be the lowest point for any water flow in any direction on a "normal" routed 310. Am i missing something?

The new setup that Al posted installs a 90* fitting with no check ball in it so yes, once you do the update, if your ski requires it, you will have a spot that drains water completely from the cylinder
    Mike, the 90degree fitting stops the flow into the head during pressure from the pump, thus forcing all the flow through the supercharger. When stopped, it allows water to drain back out of it
    Thats completely backwards. That line from the charger is a 1 way valve INTO the cylinder under pump pressure and no water is supposed flow out....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Attachment 379400

Thats completely backwards. That line from the charger is a 1 way valve INTO the cylinder under pump pressure and no water is supposed flow out....
    I just picked the one up sitting in my toolbox and blew into the hose barb end - valve closed stopping flow. If I blow from the side that screws into the ead, a small amount of flow is allowed past the ball hence my comment that when the line is pressurised by the pump, it will close the valve(and flow) into the head, forcing all flow through supercharger and into the head. Am I missing something?

Banned User
    +1
    So you blow into the barbed end and that is restricted?

I blow in the barbed end and that flows free like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1452996137135.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	379426

Also you are talking about it screwing into the cylinder and not the head correct?

+1
    So you blow into the barbed end and that is restricted?

I blow in the barbed end and that flows free like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1452996137135.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	379426

Also you are talking about it screwing into the cylinder and not the head correct?
    Yep, mine stops flow when I blow in the barb, and yes I mean cylinder sorry.

9. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Well ok now we're onto something! Maybe im not crazy and something else is going on.

I bought all the things to update my water routing 300 to 310 (t-fitting for water feed from supercharger to cylinder and that 90* check valve) when the 310's first came out and i can assure you my 90* check valve fitting is opposite of what you say. Mine stops water flow from exiting the cylinder just as my picture shows.

+1
    Mike the 90deg valve on a 260 is fitted into the front of the waterbox routed same as your drawing. Believe me it does drain you will hear the ball rattling when you turn the ski off. No rattle 90% of the time neans its blocked with sand. For those that use their ski as a dredge. The 310 valve would work in the exact same way only using qater pressures as the equalizer not exhaust gas like in the 260

+1
    Well ok now we're onto something! Maybe im not crazy and something else is going on.

I bought all the things to update my water routing 300 to 310 (t-fitting for water feed from supercharger to cylinder and that 90* check valve) when the 310's first came out and i can assure you my 90* check valve fitting is opposite of what you say. Mine stops water flow from exiting the cylinder just as my picture shows.
    Any chance you could give it a shake whilst blowing into the barb end? I can make mine free flow but if I shake it, the ball moves and stops flow - this might be what happens with yours? Takes a little bit of air pressure to close it as well...

Anybody else have one sitting round they could test?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information