r&d reflash /scom

hello all I have a 2014 fzs with scom,ribbon delete, free flo,riva air,r&d grate and seal,jims plate solas 13/20 just bought an ecu with r&d r3 relash so I can keep my factory ecu in case of warranty issues,wondering if I still need scom ive heard some say yes but I thought the r3 eliminated all limiters any help would b appreciated also do I need to watch my afrs if I stay with stock charger thanx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jd2014 View Post
    hello all I have a 2014 fzs with scom,ribbon delete, free flo,riva air,r&d grate and seal,jims plate solas 13/20 just bought an ecu with r&d r3 relash so I can keep my factory ecu in case of warranty issues,wondering if I still need scom ive heard some say yes but I thought the r3 eliminated all limiters any help would b appreciated also do I need to watch my afrs if I stay with stock charger thanx
    i hope you bought a ECU for the svho and not older sho but no you don't need the bypass just remove it, your afrs will be fine no need to check

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    i hope you bought a ECU for the svho and not older sho but no you don't need the bypass just remove it, your afrs will be fine no need to check
    yes it was 2014 fzr svho ecu thanx

+1
    Doesn't the ECU has a separate hour meter from the ski, so Yamaha will still know if you have used another ECU?

now that Im doing the reflash thinking of goin with the fizzle what kind of gains are you guy seeing with similar mods and the fizzle, is it worth the investment for the intercooler thanx

I thought the hrs were kept in the ecu

+1
    If they compare the hrs. on the ECU to the hour meter on the cluster gauge then you would have a problem. I am in the same boat with my 14'.

Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    If they compare the hrs. on the ECU to the hour meter on the cluster gauge then you would have a problem. I am in the same boat with my 14'.
    I thought the cluster gauge only showed what the ecu recorded

No need for SCOM with R3 , you will love the ski when you unlock it with R3 reflash

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    I thought the cluster gauge only showed what the ecu recorded
    Not sure about that but that would be great.

Thread Information