Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

+1

Fuel pressure gauge

Hi guys. Anybody see a problem with getting rid of the Schrader valve and plumbing in a permanent fuel pressure gauge in a FICHT system? Of course there would have to be a bracket to prevent strain on the fuel lines.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I see no problem, and have often thought of doing it myself.

+1
    I bought my first ski, 2002 Genesis I, late in the yr. I had to have the EMM repaired so I only got to ride it once. I plan to go all over it before next summer and I may do this mod. I know it isn't much but if I do go ahead with it I'll post the results.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mockingee View Post
    Hi guys. Anybody see a problem with getting rid of the Schrader valve and plumbing in a permanent fuel pressure gauge in a FICHT system? Of course there would have to be a bracket to prevent strain on the fuel lines.
    Make sure the pressure gauge is appropriate for use in wet environments (will not rust or corrode internally) and cannot leak fuel even with vibration and hull impact/flexing while riding.

Fuel leaks inside a PWC hull are a bad thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mockingee View Post
    fix the stock regulator as per K447 barbed fix and you will be good till the cows come home

+1
    While I agree to fixing the stock in-tank FPR... OP is talking about a fuel pressure gauge in place of the schrader valve.

My schrader valve blew out the core on my old MSX 140... so I think it's a good idea to do something with that schrader valve.

Cheers!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    While I agree to fixing the stock in-tank FPR... OP is talking about a fuel pressure gauge in place of the schrader valve.

My schrader valve blew out the core on my old MSX 140... so I think it's a good idea to do something with that schrader valve.

Cheers!
    I think its a good idea to be able to pop the seat and at a glance know that you have fuel pressure.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post

Cheers!
    I think its a good idea to be able to pop the seat and at a glance know that you have fuel pressure.
    Is there a compact and simple fuel pressure sensing switch that could be used to trigger an MFI warning if the fuel pressure drops below a specified minimum?

The MFI has several inputs that could be utilized, such as Check Engine or even Reverse. Feeding the fuel pressure switch into the Reverse warning signal might be interesting as it would also trigger the 3500 RPM limit, thereby making itself known to the rider immediately.

The problem with Ficht fuel pressure is that if the regulator fails or the fuel pump goes weak the rider may not notice anything is wrong until it is too late. Happened to me at wide open and I did not sense a problem until it was too late.

A pressure gauge hidden under the seat might be useful for diagnostics but it may not prevent engine damage while riding.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post

Cheers!
    Is there a compact and simple fuel pressure sensing switch that could be used to trigger an MFI warning if the fuel pressure drops below a specified minimum?

The MFI has several inputs that could be utilized, such as Check Engine or even Reverse. Feeding the fuel pressure switch into the Reverse warning signal might be interesting as it would also trigger the 3500 RPM limit, thereby making itself known to the rider immediately.

The problem with Ficht fuel pressure is that if the regulator fails or the fuel pump goes weak the rider may not notice anything is wrong until it is too late. Happened to me at wide open and I did not sense a problem until it was too late.

A pressure gauge hidden under the seat might be useful for diagnostics but it may not prevent engine damage while riding.

Here you go......fuel pressure switch. Wire it in to turn on a warning light and its all good.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/no...0nos/overview/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information