Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    I dont fog but i fire it up every week.

+1
    My skis sit outside covered on the trailer all winter. I do the following:

Wash and wax the skis.

Fill the gas tanks and add fuel stabilizer.

Run the skis without the hose for about a minute or so to warm them up and get most of the water out. Then spray stabil fogging oil into the intake until the motor dies.

Pull the spark plugs and spray liberal amounts of fogging oil into each cylinder. Then crank the ski over a few times while holding the kill button so it doesn't start.

Blow out all the water passages with compressed air. I usually pop a water line off the head and blow in there as well as through the pissers and intercooler to make sure all the water is out.

Pump antifreeze into the motor through one of the water lines until it pours out of the pissers and pump area.

Pull the battery and put on a trickle charger.

Spray down the motor and inside of the hull silicone spray and wipe everything down.

Put a can of damp rid in each hull to absorb moisture. I leave the drain plugs open

In the spring I put the batteries back in, and the skis always fire right up. I run them on the hose for a few minutes to clear out all the fogging oil and antifreeze, then change the spark plugs and oil. Been doing it this way for years.

I feel for you guys in cold areas i am able to ride all year round

Thanks for your input guys. I think I am just going to start mine up once or twice a month and call it good. Something interesting, my owners manual does not mention fogging anywhere that I can see.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jserr68594 View Post
    Thanks for your input guys. I think I am just going to start mine up once or twice a month and call it good. Something interesting, my owners manual does not mention fogging anywhere that I can see.
    Fogging is in my '09 service manual, which is different from the owners manual.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	411 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	374904  

+1
    Why not fog? It's a cheap insurance policy that does not take long to do!
    Yamaha have always advised fogging while running on the hose, but I do it without the hose attached. Two reasons......one, I don't like the risk of the engine stalling if you don't keep the rpm up, with water running through it. I also don't like revving after fogging to clear the waterbox.....I want to keep as much fogging oil inside the engine & not blast some of it out.
    So I'll run the engine just above idle, spray fogging oil into throttle body (1.8 HO) for 10 secs, switch off & that's it.
    Also, you are killing two birds with one stone......lubricating the throttle valve is a service requirement......fogging as above takes care of this nicely.

Agree 1000%. I do It the same way. No Water.

Quote Originally Posted by volltrex View Post
    Why not fog? It's a cheap insurance policy that does not take long to do!
    Yamaha have always advised fogging while running on the hose, but I do it without the hose attached. Two reasons......one, I don't like the risk of the engine stalling if you don't keep the rpm up, with water running through it. I also don't like revving after fogging to clear the waterbox.....I want to keep as much fogging oil inside the engine & not blast some of it out.
    So I'll run the engine just above idle, spray fogging oil into throttle body (1.8 HO) for 10 secs, switch off & that's it.
    Also, you are killing two birds with one stone......lubricating the throttle valve is a service requirement......fogging as above takes care of this nicely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information