Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

How does fzs svho perform in rough water?

Hi guys,

I currently own a 2013 vxr and am looking to upgrade to a supercharged ski. Have been looking at an fzr or a Kawasaki 310 but am looking to stay with the Yamaha for their reliability (timing chain issues notwithstanding ...)

My question is, how will an fzr perform in rough water? The water where I ride is usually choppy and sometimes I like to go offshore, this was one of the areas the vxr struggled.

Any thoughts ?

+1
    There lighter then the 300, and with the new hull it sounds loader when your goingover waves, at slow speeds you get a little water over the front, i hate ruff water haha its hardwork lol

+1
    Its not going to handle the rough water as well as a 310.

+1
    The FX SVHO handles and stays hooked up in the chop way better than the FZR.

+1
    You can expect a very wet ride and be prepared to stand a lot. I put a spray deflector on mine to prevent the drenching and the ride quality is not what you might expect but the hull does stay hooked up and doesn't do anything stupid. The telescopic steering greatly improves the riding position when standing. Also, put the belief of "Yamaha reliability" out of your head as it just doesn't apply to their supercharged Waverunners.

Reliability wise would I be better off with a 310 or an fzr? Thanks for the feedback guys!

It dosent

My fzs broke a timing chain at 20hrs. My friends new 310 dropped a cylinder at 18hrs lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by delianleague View Post
    Hi guys,

I currently own a 2013 vxr and am looking to upgrade to a supercharged ski. Have been looking at an fzr or a Kawasaki 310 but am looking to stay with the Yamaha for their reliability (timing chain issues notwithstanding ...)

My question is, how will an fzr perform in rough water? The water where I ride is usually choppy and sometimes I like to go offshore, this was one of the areas the vxr struggled.

Any thoughts ?
    For rougher water you want Yamaha's FX series, the hull is designed differently and will give you a better ride.

Quote Originally Posted by delianleague View Post
    Reliability wise would I be better off with a 310 or an fzr?
    From what I have seen, the highest hour, most reliable supercharged skis on this forum are Yamahas. We have one on here that made it past 600 hours before replacing the original clutch with ocean use and nearly flawless mechanical performance. Ours have nearly 300 hours each on them with zero mechanical issues. From what I have seen, I don't think the others have come close to this kind of performance. This is probably why Yamaha is the only manufacturer in the industry to offer a pre-owned certified buyer's program for PWC. Keep in mind, a lot of people mod their skis here; when you start modding them and getting into the 80 mph range (or faster) things are going to be less reliable. The other big plus-factor for me is the Yamahas require very little maintenance.

+1
    Agreed the FX hull is better in the chop.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information