Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Made the choice 2015 GTR 215

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	371386

We were on the fense for a while, not only on brand but if we wanted to buy a PWC at this point at all. Well woke up yesterday and said lets do it.

Bought a GTR 215. Actually bought the dealers demo that had 18hrs on it saving about another 1k,( have another post were I was looking at one and details price, long short 9k USD). When I looked it over I had noticed a twig, (1/4 inch round),in the propeller and he changed the wear ring and removed the twig. It is a 2015, looks brand new and he states only he drove it. I see no other issues with it.

Have 5 hrs on it, burnt around $10 an hr in cdn fuel dollars, US that is about a gallon an hr. I may be way off on that math just eye baling it at this point.

Question I have, I switch from Eco to sport mode and I find if I do not wait a few seconds before I hit the throttle the machine bogs a bit. If I wait no issues, seems to be the same going back. Is this normal? Is there a rule of thumb what to do? In the manual it simply says the machine needs to be at idle which to me means hand off the gas.
    Last edited by X96mnn; 09-17-2015 at 08:14 PM.

+1
    I've noticed the same when I have gone into Eco and back to sport, I'd say it's normal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    I've noticed the same when I have gone into Eco and back to sport, I'd say it's normal.
    Thanks!

Not used to any of this and I am a bit of an over thinker. You eased my mind!

+1
    Great machine for the price, I bought my GTR this past june with 0 hours on! Best impulse buy i have done. But might be having to do another buy for a new 16 model.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by X96mnn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    Thanks!

Not used to any of this and I am a bit of an over thinker. You eased my mind!
    Yeah I note the same on mine. On fuel burn I've got a thread on here covering operating cost (in Canadian dollars). It's expensive, but worth it! FWIW I've been around $20 an hour for 2 seasons in fuel alone. I expect lower this year only because of the lower fuel price.

+1
    Question I have, I switch from Eco to sport mode and I find if I do not wait a few seconds before I hit the throttle the machine bogs a bit.
    When switching modes, the ECU doesn't fully switch to that new mode until throttle is fully released. That resets the ECU (or TB) and then goes into that selected mode. All is required is a very quick off/on throttle...I transition when I'm naturally letting off gas when jumping wake/wave.

It does that because the throttle mapping is being changed.

+1
    Great responses by all!

My fuel numbers are most likely using 70% Eco and 30% sport mode.OMG the fuel on sport mode is sucked back hard, I noticed the gage drop roughly 3 to 1 when I was using. I wil star though, every drop was worth the smile on my face with the exceleration!

I need to ask, 05rxp05' why go with a 2016? Are you thinking the 300hp model or some major innovation for the 215?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Question I have, I switch from Eco to sport mode and I find if I do not wait a few seconds before I hit the throttle the machine bogs a bit.
    When switching modes, the ECU doesn't fully switch to that new mode until throttle is fully released. That resets the ECU (or TB) and then goes into that selected mode. All is required is a very quick off/on throttle...I transition when I'm naturally letting off gas when jumping wake/wave.

It does that because the throttle mapping is being changed.
    Same with cruise. The throttle has to be fully closed to allow cruise to disengage. I find the best way to do it underway (instead of stopping and starting again) is to warn your passenger that you're going to be chopping the throttle. Fully get off throttle and tap cruise (or sport/eco etc) then get right back into the throttle. You can make this somewhat seamless and it means you don't have to come off plane when you're in a channel or riding with others.

+1
    Great responses by all!

My fuel numbers are most likely using 70% Eco and 30% sport mode.OMG the fuel on sport mode is sucked back hard, I noticed the gage drop roughly 3 to 1 when I was using. I wil star though, every drop was worth the smile on my face with the exceleration!

I need to ask, 05rxp05' why go with a 2016? Are you thinking the 300hp model or some major innovation for the 215?
    What I meant was buy a new 16 model either rxp or rxt! Curious if they even have the GTR for 2016 though.

+1
    Have put 16hrs on the machine at this point to bring the total ours to 34 for the season. 18 the dealer had put on it and the wife and I put another 16 on. Will be going in the water for most likely the last time this season, temperature is hitting in the 60s and 70s during the day so it is getting cool. Plan on putting the 2mm wet suit I bought to use tomorrow and see how it works, if it is too cold it will be a short day but the hope is to burn at least a tank of fuel for winter prep.

So so far so good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information