Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Candoo GPS speed module

I bought one of these for my Gprxp. I am running 08 X electronics. Currently the speedo side of my dash does not show anything. The tach side works. Will anything need to be turned on by BUDS or Candoo, when I hook up the Candoo GPS module, or when I hook it up, will the speedo side of the dash automatically come back to life?

+1
    contact Jeff, he normally gets back pretty quick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I bought one of these for my Gprxp. I am running 08 X electronics. Currently the speedo side of my dash does not show anything. The tach side works. Will anything need to be turned on by BUDS or Candoo, when I hook up the Candoo GPS module, or when I hook it up, will the speedo side of the dash automatically come back to life?
    I'm assuming you aren't running a paddle wheel and want to add the gps module and haven't done so yet. The speedo will not need anything but the sensor plugged in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I'm assuming you aren't running a paddle wheel and want to add the gps module and haven't done so yet. The speedo will not need anything but the sensor plugged in.
    Yes, no paddle. Good deal. Thanks what I was hoping for.

Troy, does the cluster show zero when powered up? If not, it might be that the speedo function was disabled, which as you say would need re-enabled by Candoo or BUDS if this is the case.

What exact ski did the electronics come out of? It would be unusual for someone to disable the speedo function, unless it was already in a conversion and someone disabled it so it wouldnt throw a fault for the missing paddle wheel.

Even so, try installing our module and see if it recognizes it. The speedo function on an '08 is controlled by the ECU.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Troy, does the cluster show zero when powered up? If not, it might be that the speedo function was disabled, which as you say would need re-enabled by Candoo or BUDS if this is the case.

What exact ski did the electronics come out of? It would be unusual for someone to disable the speedo function, unless it was already in a conversion and someone disabled it so it wouldnt throw a fault for the missing paddle wheel.

Even so, try installing our module and see if it recognizes it. The speedo function on an '08 is controlled by the ECU.
    The speedo shows nothing. It came out of a 08 Rxpx, that was running and now that I think about it the speedo was not working the last few weeks I rode it. I think the paddle wheel was gone, but that was almost 3 years ago. I will give it a shot. One way or another I will get it to work. I am probably about to buy a Candoo system from you. I have 4 of these freakin skis that can use it.

+1
    Just thought of something. I was running a Riva ecu in the 08 Rxpx originally, now I am running a custon reflash in the Gprxp. It may be turned off.

+1
    Ok. Hooked it up this morning. When I first power up the ski, the speedo comes alive, shows 188, but then goes blank.

+1
    I turned the speedo off when we set-up the conversion

10. +1 by:

+1
    Bad WFO. LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information