Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Riva SCOM issues....

Bought the RIVA SCOM. I was all excited to try it out yesterday. I went to install it, smooth sailing until I went to install the pin in the ECU connector. It felt like it seated, so I tried to lock the connector terminals... It wouldn't lock, so I fully unlocked it again, pulled back on the wire a little to try to re-seat the pin...The GD wire CAME OUT OF THE PIN, WITH THE PIN STUCK IN THE ECU CONNECTOR! Luckily I was able to find something to push it out of the connector without damaging it. Not that big of a deal, but I hate buying BRAND NEW fucking parts, only to have to send them back, or have to repair them. The frustration of the aftermarket world at it's finest.....LOL.
    Riva is sending me a new pin though. No big deal. Apparently they have had this happen a couple times now. Thankfully Riva's tech support was very helpful and already have a new pin on the way to me. I really can't ask for anything else

Last edited by Jwall; 08-21-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Not only did mine do the same thing, but the blue and white wires had their pins reversed also, had to snip and re-solder. Pushed the pin out with a .050 drill bit. A 5 minute install took over an hour with a trip to home depot.

+1
    LOLOLOL. I am glad I am not alone. I wanted to send the thing back, but figured I would probably have the same luck. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself...

The good news was now that i soldered the wire to the connector, the crimp was much smaller amd slipped into the harness with ease, the wire they use is huge compared to the factory wires and is a total pita to get all the way in.

+1
    Riva is sending me a new terminal, I may see if I can get a good solder on the old terminal and see if it'll go in. At least then I will have a back up if I damage the terminal at some point.

The SCOM will have to come off soon as my 2015 ECU should be showing up to the dealer any time time. I just wanted to test it before I get the updated ECU on.

+1
    Use a fine screwdriver or similar to push the pin in from the rear

+1
    Mine did the same thing.

This is why I leave the OEM wire in that plug, then trim it about 6" back from the plug. Solder and splice the SCOM into the trimmed wiring.

+1
    I fixed it with soldering. Riva has a new pin on the way....at least this way I will have a backup, lol. I just stripped back the wiring some, crimped it down on the bare wire, then soldered in place to ensure that it stays together.

After months of piss poor performance, I removed my scom, now it runs great again. It felt like the sc belt was slipping and loosing boost. I'd replaced the belt tensioner/damper and belt incl. spark plugs. Turns out the scom had gone bad.

+1
    My ski has the old ECU in it for the next couple weeks. Best mph with out the SCOM was 64.56mph. With the SCOM as the ONLY modification, I did 73.78 down river, and 70.91 up river...average 72.35. I am beyond happy with those numbers. That was with about a half tank of fuel, on nearly no chop at all.

Also raced a 2015 Yamaha FZS with some free mods. I pulled about a half a ski length out of the hole and kept pulling from there. I am finally happy with the ski, lol.

The FZS broke a timing chain about 1 minute after our race. The ski didn't even have 21 hour on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information