+1

Are there California restrictions put on the new Yamaha's?

I feel embarrassed asking such a question but I think my friend was told a line of BS from the Yamaha rep out here. He bought a 2015 FX SVHO in Lake Havasu City. The rep said Yamaha's sold in CA have restrictions on them that the other 49 states don't have. I'm not buying it......anyone know different?

Thanks

+1
    In the past, there have been yamaha 4-stroke models(fxho) that have had to meet CA & NY emission requirements. That required an ECU and/or exhaust changes. The ECU part # had an extra letter to designate CA/NY. That usually only happens when those states impose new standards that yamaha doesn't have the time to adjust to in advance.

On their current ski's. Yamaha has a 50 state emission legal sticker. I'm sure they couldn't put it there if it weren't true.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    In the past, there have been yamaha 4-stroke models(fxho) that have had to meet CA & NY emission requirements. That required an ECU and/or exhaust changes. The ECU part # had an extra letter to designate CA/NY. That usually only happens when those states impose new standards that yamaha doesn't have the time to adjust to in advance.

On their current ski's. Yamaha has a 50 state emission legal sticker. I'm sure they couldn't put it there if it weren't true.
    That makes total sense to me. I'm wondering why the Yamaha rep would give him a line like that. Thanks for your reply.

^ just to sound important.....

if you want to buy a ski, do your research walk in and say, I wanna buy this one....

Dont let them practice their BS tactics on you...unless you wanna play with them of course....

Try that when you go in to buy a fleet of them.....its a lot of fun making them sell you one, let alone a 10 pack make em work for it...i know I sure am

+1

Are there California restrictions put on the new Yamaha's?

CA goes by the star rating. If the engine family is rated 2 star or better right now, there are no selling restrictions (new PWC sales). Bottom line all PWC sold right now are at least 3 star emissions rated (except obviously the SuperJet because it's a carbureted 2-stroke and you can't even buy it here anyway). If you have an older ski, even 2 stroke, you can ride them in CA (except Lake Tahoe and some other small reservoirs that placed specific restrictions on certain boat/engine types).

6. +1 by:

Thread Information