Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 785 PROject

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Not sure what harm may come from making sure your throttle plates and exhaust valves opening the exact same amount at the exact same time might cause?

Or checking piston wash?

Assuming the previous owner knew what they were doing has been a recipe for disaster from what I've seen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Not sure what harm may come from making sure your throttle plates and exhaust valves opening the exact same amount at the exact same time might cause?

Or checking piston wash?

Assuming the previous owner knew what they were doing has been a recipe for disaster from what I've seen.
    Well that's true Kevin. He should certainly check out the basic things like you've mentioned.

I just don't think that every single Pro 785 runs right up to 8,000rpm.

DEFINATELY take a look at throttle plates, exhaust valves and wash. It's free.

Good call Kev.

+1

Or checking piston wash?

xlint you are right I don't know the old owner and since the tempo lines are still there and the plugs were the wrong range help me and we will check it out and I think bob was just telling me not to kill my self over 200rpms but let's face it if they are there wouldn't you all want them I know I would lol

+1

Or checking piston wash?

No one told him not to check the stuff you recommended !!!!

I have many that run well over 8000 more like 8350 but i've learned that running them down near 7800-7900 will make them last a bit longer so it's up to him to make up his mind he has a used ski he just bought not a fresh rebuild with a fresh crank and 785 used cranks that might not have been taken care of in the past like to blow up thats all i'm telling him . Now if he puts his new motor in then yeah let her rip as high as you can

+1
    This winter she will get the fresh motor I just won't to make sure everything good before we start up grading things not to worried about the 7800 rpm the speed seems low I will pick up a hand held gps and we will see

+1
    nice looking ski. I am in the process of rebuilding the 98 pro I snagged. I snagged a set of hot seat sponsons, hot seat ride plate and a 6 vane stator. I am hoping that and a complete tear down and rebuild I will be able to run high 50's

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	369016Click image for larger version. 

Views:	133 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	369017Click image for larger version. 

Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	369018The plugs were 6000 rpm chops hard to see piston wash do to how much oils everywhere going to check oil pump after kids go to bed boreascope sucks can't see anything

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post

Or checking piston wash?

Well that's true Kevin. He should certainly check out the basic things like you've mentioned.

I just don't think that every single Pro 785 runs right up to 8,000rpm.

DEFINATELY take a look at throttle plates, exhaust valves and wash. It's free.

Good call Kev.
    Thank you for recognizing what I was trying to get at with my first post. It's free and quite simple to check.

Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post

Or checking piston wash?

xlint you are right I don't know the old owner and since the tempo lines are still there and the plugs were the wrong range help me and we will check it out and I think bob was just telling me not to kill my self over 200rpms but let's face it if they are there wouldn't you all want them I know I would lol
    Your reply to my post stated you didn't want to have to paddle back to shore. I took that as you didn't want to make your new to you boat unreliable.

So my follow up was what damage can be done by checking these things?

Never assume the previous owner knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	369016Click image for larger version. 

Views:	133 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	369017Click image for larger version. 

Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	369018The plugs were 6000 rpm chops hard to see piston wash do to how much oils everywhere going to check oil pump after kids go to bed boreascope sucks can't see anything
    Plug chops need to be done on the end of a Wide Open Throttle run.

Get a nice little flashlight that fits down the spark plug hole. Something like this one. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lisle-Flex...32250/40288766

Turn the crank by hand until the piston you want to view is at BDC and look at the piston dome if your bore scope isn't working.

Finger nail sized wash pattern would be ideal for a rec boat

+1

Never assume the previous owner knew what they were doing.
    That statement is golden... I learned that the hard way, twice...

+1
    Yes xlint I'm very concerned about the up keep common I have bin around this sport and snowmobiles for along time and this is the first pro I have came across in Canada have seen two slx pros and I have contact with my locale dealers and some marina s they have never herd of one so now who has worked on this thing sure as hell didn't know what he was doing so yes every thing needs to be checked now plug chops had bin dun at full throttle on the lake three time on new plugs road for one hr to get some colour to them then wot runs chop was oil soaked took the scope and a fiberoptic light to see in side chops had to be dun on the water no shore line without rocks couldn't see wash dropped light in the water I'm going to check the pump need to bring some brake cleaners home and clean the pump can't see the marks and the 6000 rpm plug chop was fun because that was Cruze speed you shouldn't just do wot chops and sorry if you didn't think I was taking you serious I think you know me better than that I have a lot of money out I do take this very serious and I do respect your thoughts so thanks and keep checking on me because this is somewhat uncharted territory for me

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information