+1

Piston options Msx 150

We are currently planning our engine build. Replating through Millenium is slated already. It has proven difficult to get manufactures of Pistons to understand our needs. This is probably due to my inability to explain my expectations to the multiple outside sales staff. 3.34-3.345" is the O/D of factory Pistons. They need to be capable of handling 16#of boost. With that said, is a forged piston preferred to a cast or hypereutectic piston? If so, what alloy? 2618 or 4032? We have heard of Wiesco pistons being installed with success.
    We understand there are multiple set ups That are designed for each members specific needs. With that said, my goal is internal longevity. If it takes more $ to achieve this goal consider it allocated. It has been stated on this forum that Weber Guy has all of the things I need. We would like to hear about the success your specific piston set up has proven. Not trying to beat a dead horse here. Just want to have my build on paper before starting it. Please advise Thanks

+1
    The stock Weber pistons are very good and affordable and work with Nikasil. If you're building a rec-ski engine... I'd use these.

I have some trial Wiseco pistons from Randy... which have a tad lower compression (8.5 : 1)... these are forged and work great also... more pricey than stockers... not sure if Randy offers them or not. I basically got these for trial on the MSX for a good price... I otherwise would have just gotten the stockers.

Randy also sells CP forged pistons... big $$... but the best... for high HP or racing engines... they are the choice. Think Hill has these.

I'd get a set of pistons and send them in with the block when it gets re-plated. Have them finish hone the cylinders to fit the pistons.

Cheers!

+1
    The stock pistons can handle more than the rods and head studs....... They are fine up to 200hp. Downfall is they currently have no replacement ring set. Unless you ask really nice and take the risk of testing a prototype set.

CP is the industry racing standard. Cant damage them unless you really try.

Wiseco is ok but I have only used them in small engines. But with good results.

I would use the stock ones on a high horse power build so........

+1
    Enough said!

Thread Information