+1

B1 Cavitation with Skat 155 & L13 Cone?

Depending on what Yamaha has up their sleeve soon - I'm thinking of making my currently stock 13' FX into a no Gauges n FPR dedicated wave jumping machine for the Winter. I don't have all that many free days to ride currently, and just wanna gas it n go play in the rough stuff.. At least for now

Looking for a low to NO cavitation setup with a 155 Skat & an 87 nozzle. Thinking of starting with a new 13/25, and then bending down to a 21ish to still have the better root angle. So what kind of cav is everyone getting the B1/155 setup, and has anyone added a L13 SHO cone to the mix??

Not sweating the extra expense on the cone & can always bend r down a little more if needed. Speed is secondary, just looking for not so lazy feeling holeshot machine (and keeping the pump loaded offshore) - at least for a B1 setup

+1
    The 155 will cavitate with anything but a twin prop. With my C1 and C3 setups, I tried long blade props, pump cones, etc, and all cavitated badly. I never tried a twin prop but other who have said it works for getting rid of cavitation. Or go up to a 160.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    The 155 will cavitate with anything but a twin prop. With my C1 and C3 setups, I tried long blade props, pump cones, etc, and all cavitated badly. I never tried a twin prop but other who have said it works for getting rid of cavitation. Or go up to a 160.
    Well phuck a duck. I know the easy fix is an ETLB with a 160. But unless someone can possibly splice in the correct map plugs to the 2008-2010 Powershot I have - it opens the Pandoras box of FPR etc, and then I'm just tooo tempted to get back into a ET15.5 or ET18 setup. Which is kinda counterproductive to my KISS wave setup. Half tempted to live dangerously and throw in the Worx fuel fitting (for approx 10% more fuel, to a R3 flash), but not sure if I want it that rich across the board..

+1
    Yea I know what you mean. I've gone to a big boost wheel and FPR this year and it's been somewhat of a pain in the ass. It seems like I'm always dicking around with the FPR because our weather varies so much up here. Considering most people don't have an issue with the R3 and ETLB with stock fueling, I'd go that route and say a few prayers...

OR if you need a flash anyways, buy the Vtech maptuner and have the ability to play with fuel the "correct" way. If I was in the market for a flash, that's the route I'd go.

The best thing I've done to my ski so far has been going up to the 160. The 160 with the Solas SVHO prop is money.

Don't waste your time or money with the 155mm. The 160mm is the ticket to no cavitation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    Yea I know what you mean. I've gone to a big boost wheel and FPR this year and it's been somewhat of a pain in the ass. It seems like I'm always dicking around with the FPR because our weather varies so much up here. Considering most people don't have an issue with the R3 and ETLB with stock fueling, I'd go that route and say a few prayers...

OR if you need a flash anyways, buy the Vtech maptuner and have the ability to play with fuel the "correct" way. If I was in the market for a flash, that's the route I'd go.

The best thing I've done to my ski so far has been going up to the 160. The 160 with the Solas SVHO prop is money.
    You might be onto something with the V-tech. I would be all over it, if they will just bring to market the Android logger and AFR controller like the Doo crew gets to play with. I already have most all of the supporting mods - less the flash, sc wheel, and prop/liner. So now just gotta make up my mind.
    Last edited by WP3223; 08-15-2015 at 08:57 AM.

+1
    I agree. If the Vtech had logging, I'd already have it.

Thread Information