Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

09 yamaha FZR stage 1 kit

hi guys, sometime back saw a thread with somebody not getting 70mph with the stage 1 kit, and someone suggested that the problem is always the impeller that is sold with the stage 1 kit. i cant find that thread, but many people were saying the impeller pitch is too high and suggest switching solas to skat trak impeller, can anybody help suggest the right prop size to match a stage 1 kit? this is th final upgrade.wont be doing anything more in the future.many thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by nicor6 View Post
    hi guys, sometime back saw a thread with somebody not getting 70mph with the stage 1 kit, and someone suggested that the problem is always the impeller that is sold with the stage 1 kit. i cant find that thread, but many people were saying the impeller pitch is too high and suggest switching solas to skat trak impeller, can anybody help suggest the right prop size to match a stage 1 kit? this is th final upgrade.wont be doing anything more in the future.many thanks guys
    Yes, that is correct. I have the impeller that you need, perfect for your set-up! Stock prop re-pitched and gone over by Impros. Let me know if you are interested.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dso8950 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. I have the impeller that you need, perfect for your set-up! Stock prop re-pitched and gone over by Impros. Let me know if you are interested.
    that would be nice sir, but looking for something new. but thank you so much for the offer

+1
    I run a stage 1 '09 FZR (air intake, manifold upgrade, VX plate, intake grate, BOV, exhaust, etc.) with a Skat 13/20 at 7600-7700+rpms 73s all day and a best of 74.9mph. Great prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I run a stage 1 '09 FZR (air intake, manifold upgrade, VX plate, intake grate, BOV, exhaust, etc.) with a Skat 13/20 at 7600-7700+rpms 73s all day and a best of 74.9mph. Great prop.
    now we getting somewhere sounds awesome brother! you got it repitched? or out of the box? so far i think this will be a good option for me

+1
    now we getting somewhere sounds awesome brother! you got it repitched? or out of the box? so far i think this will be a good option for me
    I originally purchased a 13/23 Skat right from the online store which, with those mods, only ran 71mph at 7400rpm. I pitched it myself to 13/20 which brought the RPMs up about 300rpm.

You can also have someone repitch your stock prop if you want. Probably save you some $$ with similar results.

+1
    I originally purchased a 13/23 Skat right from the online store which, with those mods, only ran 71mph at 7400rpm. I pitched it myself to 13/20 which brought the RPMs up about 300rpm.

You can also have someone repitch your stock prop if you want. Probably save you some $$ with similar results.
    well thats the problem. dont have anyone that can do that here, so thats why im checking out option before buying and importing it here to my country :/ it sucks when you live under a rock :/

+1
    Got in touch with RIVA and they said the SKAT prop is for race purposes only? and its better to stick with solas? how come its a race purpose only prop?? i dont understand..does it wear out quicker than the solas?

+1
    Got in touch with RIVA and they said the SKAT prop is for race purposes only? and its better to stick with solas? how come its a race purpose only prop?? i dont understand..does it wear out quicker than the solas?
    That makes no sense. Riva sells the Solas prop in their stage 1 kit.... so that's probably why they said that. To answer you question specifically: the skat is not a "race prop" and I've never even heard that terminology used before. The only thing I would consider a "race prop" are the twin props (for high boost skis) and maybe some of the more specific props out there like the long blades. And no, neither prop will "wear out" faster than the other.

Semantics aside, both the Solas and Skat would work well for your application. Personally I recommend the Skat.

10. +1 by:

+1
    That makes no sense. Riva sells the Solas prop in their stage 1 kit.... so that's probably why they said that. To answer you question specifically: the skat is not a "race prop" and I've never even heard that terminology used before. The only thing I would consider a "race prop" are the twin props (for high boost skis) and maybe some of the more specific props out there like the long blades. And no, neither prop will "wear out" faster than the other.

Semantics aside, both the Solas and Skat would work well for your application. Personally I recommend the Skat.
    Thank you very much for the detailed answer mikeFZR now it makes sense.maybe they are trying to sell more solas than skat, only thing i was thinking about when they said "race prop" was that maybe it wears out quicker than the solas, and it would not work well in salt water application.we get a lot of problem with salt water applications here, with the wear rings and impeller, thank you very much for your help mikefzr, you a champ! cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information