Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seadoo RXP 215

Seadoo RXP 215

Hey!

I have a Seadoo RXP 215 as I have a little problem with.

The jetski is difficult to start in the water, it feels heavy. But when I bring it up on land starts it immediately. Changed the battery last year, measured the battery today, and it was 94% so it should be good. According to my dealer, he thought it was the battery anyway. At first I thought starting relay, but when I read around a bit, it seems that the relay usually click when it's lousy. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Then I also discovered recently that it flattens out not as fast as before, but it lasts up more and then pull it off. I understand that it behaves so when the wear ring is broken?

One more wrong ... The VTS is also poor, but when I switched the engine directly to the battery, so it worked perfectly. Is there a relay and if so where does it fit? Do button on the handlebars venture? How do I troubleshoot further?

I did a service in early summer and become a little worried if I filled in the wrong oil, I use Mobil 1 Extra 4T 10W-40. It is Jaso-Ma classified, so it should work?

Grateful for answers

Regards Sweden

+1
    What's the battery voltage? Did you check around the impeller to see if anything is stuck to it? Starter might be on it's way out if it's not a battery voltage issue.

+1
    Check how many amps the battery puts out

+1
    Does the VTS indicator show up on the dash in the VTS AREA? Or is it missing?

May need BUDS to re-activate it if it doesn't work.
    And when in doubt , get a new AGM BATTERY

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    What's the battery voltage? Did you check around the impeller to see if anything is stuck to it? Starter might be on it's way out if it's not a battery voltage issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestram View Post
    Check how many amps the battery puts out
    After full charge the battery had 12.53V, it is too little?
    Started today lying in the water after a full charge and then it went off fairly easily. Should almost be the battery since it started directly after two hours of driving. The battery is charged well while driving?

Looked around the wear ring and impeller but saw nothing. But the symptoms indicate well almost the wear ring because it goes up to speed before leveling off?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Does the VTS indicator show up on the dash in the VTS AREA? Or is it missing?

May need BUDS to re-activate it if it doesn't work.
    And when in doubt , get a new AGM BATTERY
    VTS missing indicator on the display. Heard anything about that computer could forget the. Must go to a Sea Doo workshop. How common is it that the relay or the VTS button breaks?

+1
    Dude, throw a volt meter on your battery and keep it on, take that reading and write it down.. then keep watching the gauge, while cranking the ski take that reading and write it down.. once it starts take that reading and write it down.. post back your findings..

Good battery before you start riding should say around 12.5v ? whild cranking should be around 11v? and when running it should be 14V

Quote Originally Posted by steven mace View Post
    Dude, throw a volt meter on your battery and keep it on, take that reading and write it down.. then keep watching the gauge, while cranking the ski take that reading and write it down.. once it starts take that reading and write it down.. post back your findings..

Good battery before you start riding should say around 12.5v ? whild cranking should be around 11v? and when running it should be 14V
    Does it matter if it's in the water or on land? Or should it be in the water because that's when it is difficult to start?

Thanks for all your feedback

+1
    what ever.. trailer is safer

+1
    Load test the battery, if it hits 9V or less it's going bad

Not common for the VTS button to go bad. Very common to loose the VTS setting in the computer if battery has been disconnected or dead for too long.

Had a brand new battery go bad in a matter of a few months. Dealer kept saying it's good it's good putting their lil checker on it. It's true, voltage was good, tested out right at the limit so they wouldn't warranty it. Took three visits and some pressure...
    New battery went in... no problems since. Going on 18 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information