Thread: Dumb rookie

Dumb rookie

Hello gurus! I have owned a Yamaha jet boat and a speedster 200. 200 was funnest boat by far!!! Spin outs at 65 woohoo!!! Anyway now I have a wakeboat for the kiddos and have a couple skis for my fun. My rxp is up for a SC rebuild and I can't tell if it has the good washers or not upon removal, so I'm looking for a value dollar. I figure I might as well get an x charger and injectors for $1200 rather than spend $400 on a rebuild. Am I right in my thinking? I just want some harder acceleration and if the bug bites me I can do IC ECU Wheel etc...right?

+1
    If more performance is what you want then by all means, upgrade to the X charger and injectors. You won't be disappointed
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2435

Will my stock valve train hold up for another 80 hrs or so with that set up ? Ski has 90 now. I've read on here about the retainer issues. I would like to wait another season before upgrading to an IC ECU rrfpr etc. I would do the retainers then.

+1
    You'll still be running stock RPM so you're fine.

+1
    Do the charger and injectors, you will not need anything else. You will be real happy with that setup. I have done it to a few skis already.
    Last edited by Lightning1; 08-14-2015 at 11:08 AM.

+1
    What year RXP?
    Yes, around 100hours I would def. get a new SCer. Rebuilds then I would only go with Jerry owner of this Site or Greenhulk who has posted above.
    If you add just a XSCer and 42's you will be fine, but you are going to be all over the Rev. limiter so you will need to repitch your stock prop or buy a prop. See your ski turns probably around 7800-7900RPM's in the heat and your rev. limiter is 8100, so you will need to watch this.

If you do a ECU with higher limit than you will need to do valvetrain
    If you stay stock ECU you can stay with stock.
    If you add a IC with your set up you will be OK with 42's But again will need to watch RPM is kept under 8100 so another Re-pitch or prop would be in order.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    What year RXP?
    Yes, around 100hours I would def. get a new SCer. Rebuilds then I would only go with Jerry owner of this Site or Greenhulk who has posted above.
    If you add just a XSCer and 42's you will be fine, but you are going to be all over the Rev. limiter so you will need to repitch your stock prop or buy a prop. See your ski turns probably around 7800-7900RPM's in the heat and your rev. limiter is 8100, so you will need to watch this.

If you do a ECU with higher limit than you will need to do valvetrain
    If you stay stock ECU you can stay with stock.
    If you add a IC with your set up you will be OK with 42's But again will need to watch RPM is kept under 8100 so another Re-pitch or prop would be in order.

Hope this helps.
    So maybe a 15/19
    Also it's a 2006

Also, do I need to upgrade my sc oiler? That looks like a lot more work than just bolting in the new charger!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by snotrocket View Post
    Also, do I need to upgrade my sc oiler? That looks like a lot more work than just bolting in the new charger!
    No it's not needed

10. +1 by:

Thread Information