2006 Seadoo Rxt, General Maintenance

Hello,

I am new to the forum and just recently purchased a used 2006 Seadoo RXT, I was wondering what all general recommendations do you have to keep it up and running best. It has 64 hours on it and has only been ran in fresh water.

I know I need to have the supercharger rebuilt with the new washer etc, but what else?

I also noticed the flush is in the rear of the wave-runner which I find awkward from anything i've seen in the past but this flushes the motor I suppose.

+1
    Welcome to the GH!
    the rear port will flush/cool the exhaust
    and the motor uses antifreeze
    the older skis like yours have weak exhaust valves and can break
    but its not certain (you asked)

3. +1 by:

so just prestone 50/50 regular antifreeze is good to go?

+1
    Seadoofun, welcome to the forum. I've got two '06 RXTs with about 650 hrs combined. General maintenance wise, here's what you should consider: Remove the SC, send it to Jerry "Greenhulk" here on the forum, for the rebuild. Meanwhile, purchase the "annual maintenance kit" (Oil, filter, filter O-rings, and spark plugs). When the SC comes back (unless you do the rebuild it yourself), reinstall the charger, then take care of the oil and plug change. You'll need an oil extractor which can also be purchased from the Online Store, where you'll find the maintenance kit. You may also want to consider a coolant flush and change. Also, check all your hoses/clamps. Finally - go get wet!

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Seadoofun, welcome to the forum. I've got two '06 RXTs with about 650 hrs combined. General maintenance wise, here's what you should consider: Remove the SC, send it to Jerry "Greenhulk" here on the forum, for the rebuild. Meanwhile, purchase the "annual maintenance kit" (Oil, filter, filter O-rings, and spark plugs). When the SC comes back (unless you do the rebuild it yourself), reinstall the charger, then take care of the oil and plug change. You'll need an oil extractor which can also be purchased from the Online Store, where you'll find the maintenance kit. You may also want to consider a coolant flush and change. Also, check all your hoses/clamps. Finally - go get wet!
    Thanks for the info, Is there a step by step posted on the forum on how to remove the SC? I have no experience working on PWC, I can handle general vehicle repairs (brakes, rotors, alternator etc..) not to savvy with the seadoo though.

+1
    Well, if you can do that automotive stuff, you can handle this. I'm no wrencher what so ever and I've got all of the above down pretty good. Here you go: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938 Read the entire post and towards the bottom of the page is a link to the SC removal process.

+1
    If the SC has never been rebuilt, I'd take it easy till that's been done.
    Those bearings and washers are on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    I plan to do so, probably will only use it for about 5 more hours or so, since the season is coming to an end.

Can anyone confirm that the regular vehicle prestone 50/50 mix is acceptable?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoofun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    I plan to do so, probably will only use it for about 5 more hours or so, since the season is coming to an end.

Can anyone confirm that the regular vehicle prestone 50/50 mix is acceptable?
    Yes, Prestone 50/50 is fine to use, been running that way for 11 years.

11. +1 by:

Thread Information