+1

Removing the manifold on 09 FX SHO

Hello you all,
    I am trying to replace the tb and doing ribbon delete at the same time, got all the nuts and bolts off. But I can't seem to break the manifold free from the engine.
    Been using the rubber mallet to tap on the it but it does not seem to move any where.
    any advise or help are appreciated very much.

+1
    Make sure you got all the bolts holding it on. (See pic below from service manual). Try prying carefully with a regular screw driver too. I remember I had to work mine off. Just be careful because theres a gasket you will want to reuse so try not to damage it. Actually if I remember correclty from the last time I had mine off, you want to pull evenly on both sides of it to get the manifold off so it doesn't get snagged on either side by the studs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	37 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	368040

+1
    Hi Mike,
    6 bolts on top and 2 at bottom are off..If i were to use a screw driver, where would i position it to break that seal. I thought about it but afraid I may damage the surface of both manifold and engine side.
    Can i continue to tap the manifold with a piece of wood and hammer?
    thanks sir

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudoho View Post
    Hi Mike,
    6 bolts on top and 2 at bottom are off..If i were to use a screw driver, where would i position it to break that seal. I thought about it but afraid I may damage the surface of both manifold and engine side.
    Can i continue to tap the manifold with a piece of wood and hammer?
    thanks sir
    I dont have my ski in front of me, but I would try to pull it off evenly and if that doesnt work use a screw driver to break it loose. Things like salt and corrosion will all "bake" it togehter and make it harder to remove. The gasket is probably half an inch to an inch in from the edges of the manifold, so a screw driver shouldnt be an issue as long as you are careful. Good luck!

+1
    6 bolts, 2 nuts/studs mounting to head 2 under attached to L brackets. There could be corrosion around the 2 studs.

+1
    thank you guys very much for your team work, looking at Mike pic. i realized that there were 2 more bolts each end of the manifold. after that it came right off with little help with screw driver and the gasket still intack.
    Just got the ribbon removed, replaced the gasket and new tb in place, taking little break with cold one before resuming with fresh mind and patient.
    The speedy reply of Greenhulk friends and God gift internet, I am almost there..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudoho View Post
    thank you guys very much for your team work, looking at Mike pic. i realized that there were 2 more bolts each end of the manifold. after that it came right off with little help with screw driver and the gasket still intack.
    Just got the ribbon removed, replaced the gasket and new tb in place, taking little break with cold one before resuming with fresh mind and patient.
    The speedy reply of Greenhulk friends and God gift internet, I am almost there..
    glad we could help!

+1
    Guys,
    success every things installed and first start with music to my ears "engine running", will do more testing with throttling tomorrow with water hook up etc. Right now my back can use a massage and some Tylenol.
    thank you guys very much

9. +1 by:

Thread Information