2005 4Tec S/C - TTY bolts - Torque Angle for main case bolts?

The 1500 CC 4-Tec engine uses torque to yield (stretch) bolts for the rocker arm shaft, cylinder head, and main case bolts. The 02, 04 & 05 SeaDoo shop manuals all have very specific torque - then angle specs for the rocker arm and cylinder heads bolts but not for the 10mm X 82mm main case bolts. The exact wording from the shop manual is apply Loctite 243 on threads and torque to 29 ft-lbs and then in a second sequence to 41 ft-lbs. When removing the main case bolts, it took well over 100 Ft-lbs (I had to switch to my 1/2 drive breaker bar) to remove these bolts and they had no Loctite of any kind on the threads. So it seems to me the spec in the shop manual is questionable for the main case bolts. Anyone have better information/experience??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamlico View Post
    The 1500 CC 4-Tec engine uses torque to yield (stretch) bolts for the rocker arm shaft, cylinder head, and main case bolts. The 02, 04 & 05 SeaDoo shop manuals all have very specific torque - then angle specs for the rocker arm and cylinder heads bolts but not for the 10mm X 82mm main case bolts. The exact wording from the shop manual is apply Loctite 243 on threads and torque to 29 ft-lbs and then in a second sequence to 41 ft-lbs. When removing the main case bolts, it took well over 100 Ft-lbs (I had to switch to my 1/2 drive breaker bar) to remove these bolts and they had no Loctite of any kind on the threads. So it seems to me the spec in the shop manual is questionable for the main case bolts. Anyone have better information/experience??
    Head bolts,flywheel bolts,rocker arm bolts and connecting rod bolts are TTY (stretch) bolts but not the case bolts.

3. +1 by:

Thread Information