+1

Question Supercharger questions

Is there anything to be on the lookout for or on the service list for the superchargers on 2014 yamaha svho fx? Any preventive maintenance?
    Thanks

+1
    Nothing really on the supercharger unit. Just be smart with how you ride and the clutch should last just fine. In other words, you should try to limit the amount of unnecessary strain you put on the SC from things like keeping the throttle pinned when you come unhooked. I suggest adding a BOV to your ski, but hey that's just me. A stock or mostly stock ski shouldn't have a single issue with the SC. You'll see plenty of posts on here about people who have their SC clutch go bad, but those are typically on more highly modified skis. Go out and ride and enjoy it!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Nothing really on the supercharger unit. Just be smart with how you ride and the clutch should last just fine. In other words, you should try to limit the amount of unnecessary strain you put on the SC from things like keeping the throttle pinned when you come unhooked. I suggest adding a BOV to your ski, but hey that's just me. A stock or mostly stock ski shouldn't have a single issue with the SC. You'll see plenty of posts on here about people who have their SC clutch go bad, but those are typically on more highly modified skis. Go out and ride and enjoy it!
    Thanks alot!
    Not going to do any mods on this ski fast enough for a family man! Hahaaha!!

5. +1 by:

Hi Guys! New here and to the whole forum thing. I have a 2014 FX Cruiser SVHO and so far have bought free flow exhaust, air intake upgrade, solas impeller and fuel rail all from Riva. I want to upgrade the supercharger impeller, this is the where I am confused. Do I really need to purchase the ECU as recommended by RIVA and R&D? Any input regarding this would be great. Thanks

+1
    With your mods, you are moving more air thru the engine more easily. Now you need a ECU that can account for that increase and take full advantage of it to give you more power.
    That is why the ECU upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophercbird View Post
    Hi Guys! New here and to the whole forum thing. I have a 2014 FX Cruiser SVHO and so far have bought free flow exhaust, air intake upgrade, solas impeller and fuel rail all from Riva. I want to upgrade the supercharger impeller, this is the where I am confused. Do I really need to purchase the ECU as recommended by RIVA and R&D? Any input regarding this would be great. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    With your mods, you are moving more air thru the engine more easily. Now you need a ECU that can account for that increase and take full advantage of it to give you more power.
    That is why the ECU upgrade.
    So, no, you do not have to upgrade the ECU. But to the above point, all the money you have just spent on the upgrades will not be noticeable until you modify your ecu. The mods alone will improve the power/performance but you are probably getting 60% of what could be with the stock ecu. But be advised, if you upgrade the ecu, you are going to need to factor in a little more money for the upgraded intercooler, cooling lines, etc.. Using the mods you have listed, upgrading the ecu will generate a lot more heat on the SVHO. I have added equivalent to the RIVA stage 1 kit, my next upgrade would be the ecu with cooling mods to take advantage of the performance pieces.

Thread Information