Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riva BOV

+1

Riva BOV

Need some advice Riva sells a BOV kit (ry1 7040 BOV) $380,seems like simple install,and it might be somewhat of a preventive maintenance for "self destruct" of clutch😝,at this time I don't need to
    upgrade to stage 2 kit (bigger inter cooler & better water cooling kits)
    has anyone used this kit on Riva stage 1 kit? Thx Ed

+1
    Ya I run the Riva HKS BOV on my ski with the stock wheel, IC, and ECU. Really easy install. Personally, I used the R&D multi-pressure port adapter, but you could just T the line on the MAP sensor or drill and tap the manifold. Throw a cover on the line though and zip tie it in place along the fuel rail/ IC/ wiring harness so that it doesn't accidentally touch the engine when riding and burn a hole in it.... ask me how I know PS- one of the best things IMO you can do to preserve the clutch is using some common sense and smart riding techniques (e.g. if you come unhooked, let off of the throttle).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01608.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	367934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00984.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	367936
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01610.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	367935  

+1
    Mike,thx,so you didn't have to remove intake manifold to tap and install vacuum line?
    and what is a good price for that kit? Ed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toofast4you View Post
    Mike,thx,so you didn't have to remove intake manifold to tap and install vacuum line?
    You can remove the intake manifold and drill and tap it if you want. Or you can T the line going to the MAP sensor. I bought mine new, so 380$, but check the classifieds on here and see if anyone is selling. I see them up for sale every now and again.

+1
    MIke, we're is that multi port pressure adapter located on engine? Thx Ed

+1
    Ed, if you use the discount code: greenhulk right here in the forums store it will save you 10% off the listed price

I personally do not remove the manifold to drill and tap. I use a shop vac sucking right near the drill bit when i drill and I put some grease on the tap to catch any metal shavings. Hope that helps!

Jerry

+1
    Jerry,were do you drill into manifold? Most drill at the rear were there is a casting
    "bump",I don't think there's enough room to get a drill in there at the right angle?
    and have you actually done that (vacuum & grease)on your own ski? Also,I was told u
    can tee off the vacuum line at the rear of motor on the right side (map sensor?)to make a BOV work,will that work?., or would that screw up map sensor? THX Ed

+1
    Jerry,were do you drill into manifold? Most drill at the rear were there is a casting
    "bump",I don't think there's enough room to get a drill in there at the right angle?
    and have you actually done that (vacuum & grease)on your own ski? Also,I was told u
    can tee off the vacuum line at the rear of motor on the right side (map sensor?)to make a BOV work,will that work?., or would that screw up map sensor? THX Ed
    Ed yes I have personally done this on many skis.
    I have a 90 degree angle attachment for my drill and have drilled into that "bump" and have also drilled straight down into the manifold on the forward most side in front of the runner. Either spot works fine. I do not like Tee'ing off of that tiny line. It's best to use a dedicated port for a BOV.

+1
    I'm pretty new to modding skis and was nervous about drilling and tapping the manifold as I had never done it before. I decided to take others advice and couldn't be more pleased with the results. Drilling and tapping is not only easy but takes less than 3 minutes to do. I did remove the intake manifold but only because it was already off to install my fizzle. If you are going to install the ribbon delete or IC it's a perfect time to drill and tap.

+1
    MIke, we're is that multi port pressure adapter located on engine? Thx Ed
    The multi-pressure port adapter is a part sold by R&D. This is the link for your ski: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1823

Mine looks different because I have a 2009. The MAP sensor, for reference, is the electrical connector located behind the #4 spark boot next to the end of the fuel rail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information