951 counter balance oil change trouble

I just punched a a 1999 sea doo gsx limited in very good condition. I decided to change the counter balance oil yesterday. I was able to suck out 30ml of oil (not water fouled) with the ski level. When refilling it seems like I can only get about 15ml of fresh SAE30 back in chamber before spilling out. I also turned the motor over by hand several times while filling. The oil seems to be at the bottom of the threads on the fill hole. I even used a tie wrap (zip tie) to check the oil level, it's about half an inch up.
    Do you think my oil level is okay?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    add some oil to it, your never going to get it all unless you tear the engine apart.. just add a couple ounces to it and call it "Better than nothing"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcoeblue View Post
    I just punched a a 1999 sea doo gsx limited in very good condition. I decided to change the counter balance oil yesterday. I was able to suck out 30ml of oil (not water fouled) with the ski level. When refilling it seems like I can only get about 15ml of fresh SAE30 back in chamber before spilling out. I also turned the motor over by hand several times while filling. The oil seems to be at the bottom of the threads on the fill hole. I even used a tie wrap (zip tie) to check the oil level, it's about half an inch up.
    Do you think my oil level is okay?
    I use a big syringe and a piece of surgical tubing to get the oil a little farther down in there to fill those a little bit at a time, seems to not want to rush to the top and spill out that way.

[QUOTE=Waterluvr;2612551]
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcoeblue View Post
    I just punched a a 1999 sea doo gsx limited in very good condition. I decided to change the counter balance oil yesterday. I was able to suck out 30ml of oil (not water fouled) with the

I use a big syringe and a piece of surgical tubing to get the oil a little farther down in there to fill those a little bit at a time, seems to not want to rush to the top and spill out that way.
    I have some thin tubing about that size. How far in can you get that tube? Also once you get your 40ml of oil in does it come up to the bottom the threads with your ski level? Just trying to get an idea of the ideal oil level for future visual checks.

+1
    No, 40ml isn't visible to the threads.

Thread Information