Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 slt750 rides low

I just picked up a 94 Polaris slt750. ski is in good shape. I took it down to the lake and backed the trailer in and got on the pwc to start it and see how it ran. It ran great. However while I was there I noticed that the platform seemed to ride low. The front of the pwc was still attached to the trailer, but the back was floating.

It seems that it was very easy for water to come up the back of the pwc and reached my feet. When I look at pictures online of pwc's I see that the platform is above water and looks like it rides higher. Is this normal for water to enter the feet area of the pwc on older machines, or can I raide the height some how?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

These older, smaller PWC do sit fairly low in the water. What you are describing sounds normal for the SLT model.

These are not a dry riding machine. You will get wet, and not only the feet.
    Last edited by K447; 08-12-2015 at 08:52 AM.

+1
    To Claify, the SLT does sit higher then an SL hull, at idle i dont see water getting around your feat on an SLT( dependant on weight) pull the seat and have a look. any water in the hull?

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    I have nothing but SLTs and they all have water rush into the footwell on decel/stop.

Sounds perfectly normal to me.

+1
    Sounds normal to me. I wouldn't call my SLT a wet ride though. On-plane cruising... it's pretty dry. Crossing a boat wake or wave... might get a splash. If you do a lot of corner carving, you will get some splashes. The footwells clear out as soon as you take off and get on-plane too.

I love how low the SLTs sit in the water... compared to the newer, bigger skis that sit up high.

Cheers!

+1

1994 and 1995 SLT hulls float higher than 1996 & newer

The 1994 and 1995 SLT hulls sit several inches higher in the water than the 1996 and later SLT hulls.

When resting, the 1994 and 1995 hulls have 2-4" of hull between the water surface and the rub rail. The 1996 and newer have less than an inch, if any at all.

When sitting (single 230# rider) on the ski, the rub rail on the 1994 and 1995 will not be touching the water. On the 1996 and newer, rub rail may be touching and even under water.
    Last edited by K447; 08-12-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: four digit years make for easier searching

The machine does not sit really low from what I could tell, but again the machine was hooked up to the front of the trailer with the pin still so the front was not able to sink. I am 6'4 215 lbs. I looked under the seat and there was no water. When stopping, water will enter the feel wells, but what about when the machine is not moving?

For example, I had them both on the trailer in the water. After starting the slt750, I stood up, and moved over to the Yamaha wave venture. as I put my weight on the side as I brought my leg over the seat to switch machines, that side of the machine foot well had water come up to my feet near the front of the ski.

Again this might be completely normal, I have not rode waverunners since I was in high school in 2001 but those were 2 seaters. I just thought that the 3 seater would not do so. I did not notice the rub rails height, I just noticed that the platform/swimdeck seemed to be riding lower that I expected. But from what you are all saying, it seems normal.

+1
    Sitting on an SLT... not moving... in the water. No water will enter the footwells... unless it's from a wave.
    If you step off/over and put all your weight on one side/footwell... yes, it will tip enough to flood that footwell... but it won't roll over.

Sounds normal to me. 2-seaters are way worse. They feel like they're going to tip over just sitting on them.

Cheers!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    Sitting on an SLT... not moving... in the water. No water will enter the footwells... unless it's from a wave.
    If you step off/over and put all your weight on one side/footwell... yes, it will tip enough to flood that footwell... but it won't roll over.

Sounds normal to me. 2-seaters are way worse. They feel like they're going to tip over just sitting on them.

Cheers!
    Agreed

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Yep, sold my rebuilt 780SLX because the daughter and I on it was too tippy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information