+1

Let's talk cooling mods - again

I know there are 8 million threads on cooling mods, but there does not seem to be anything definitive on what works and what doesn't. There's the Riva setup, the R&D, JD1, stock, modded, etc. Some people keep thermostats, some remove, some have GIO issues, others don't. There seems to be no consensus on what works best.

Right now all I have for cooling mods is a dedicated 1/2" supply to my Type14 and I replaced the 4 way splitter with a 3 way. I dump my IC water overboard. I figured this would give the engine some additional cooling. But now that I'm making more power, I seem to notice more heat fade and it seems like this may be the culprit.

So, what is there to do? I run in water and air that ranges from 40F to 90F. I primarily ride on a small lake which heats up and cools very rapidly.

So let me know what works well for you, what doesn't. Hopefully I can make some sense of it all and come up with something that works well for me.

Thanks!
    Adam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    I know there are 8 million threads on cooling mods, but there does not seem to be anything definitive on what works and what doesn't. There's the Riva setup, the R&D, JD1, stock, modded, etc. Some people keep thermostats, some remove, some have GIO issues, others don't. There seems to be no consensus on what works best.

Right now all I have for cooling mods is a dedicated 1/2" supply to my Type14 and I replaced the 4 way splitter with a 3 way. I dump my IC water overboard. I figured this would give the engine some additional cooling. But now that I'm making more power, I seem to notice more heat fade and it seems like this may be the culprit.

So, what is there to do? I run in water and air that ranges from 40F to 90F. I primarily ride on a small lake which heats up and cools very rapidly.

So let me know what works well for you, what doesn't. Hopefully I can make some sense of it all and come up with something that works well for me.

Thanks!
    Adam
    they all work good and pretty much the same.

2015 FX SVHO with Riva stage 1 kit.. Cooling mods so far are the Riva stage 1 cooling kit and the thermostat delete mod. I run on small lakes also and so far, so good

+1
    I'm running the R&D engine and intercooler cooling kit with thermostat delete. I have a dedicated water line for the engine, intercooler, and oil cooler. The engine and intercooler get a water line off a billet dual port pump strainer. I used the gay spray nipple to run additional water to the oil cooler. It also goes through the rectifier. The thermostat is deleted. I haven't measured actual engine temps but the motor seems to run cooler and I don't feel I lose power after multiple speed runs. The stock setup would quickly heat soak. The water coming out of the pissers also feels cooler.

Thread Information